Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 08-09-2011, 08:14 AM   #1 
missfish

filter?

This is my first betta. I have him in a 2 gallon 360 aquarium that has an undergravel filter and an air pump that goes up the middle. The undergravel filter is basically just a piece of plastic with holes like a strainer, that I have gravel on top of. It seems like that won't do much so I added an elite mini underwater filter that I stuck to the side of the tank. My question is, do I really need it? My betta seems to not be swimming around as much now that I put the filter in and I think it might be because of the filter. I'd rather not use it at all but I don't want the water to get too dirty. Any advice?
missfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 09:17 AM   #2 
Oldfishlady

Welcome to the forum and to the wonderful world of Betta keeping.....

In a 2gal tank....I would remove the filter...its optional.......without a filter it will only change the needed water change schedule slightly......

In 2gal unfiltered-twice weekly...1-50% and 1-100%

In 2gal filtered-twice weekly 50%...1-50% water only and 1-50% to include the substrate cleaning with vacuum or stir and dip method.....

Love to see some pics......
Oldfishlady is offline   Reply With Quote