Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 08-08-2011, 08:42 PM   #1 
n3wport

Unhappy has anyone ever felt this way?

I feel like I am about to give up on fish keeping.

MY favorite fish that never had any problems just died out of nowhere. In an attempt to cheer me up, my boyfriend bought me another HMPK. This one is a dragon and his scales are flaking off. Ugh, I put some melafix in his tank. I cleaned out the tank thoroughly after the fish died.

My crowntail that always always always ALWAYS got finrot [no matter what ] has a lump in his head? bought some fungus stuff and it seems to be improving.

my other dragon is good.

my 10g tank is a mess whether it be from the API roottabs I bought or the dead plants. I took them all out and about to just re-do the whole tank.

it seems that I am currently having bad luck with fish.

I'm just feeling like its pointless to try =(
n3wport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2011, 08:57 PM   #2 
LittleBettas

After loosing to fish with SBD and fin rot (one I suspect had internal damage) I said the same thing... no more... then I saw a little betta with NO fins, and I couldnt help it... I brought him home, put him in a 1 gal. QT tank and barely an hour later a bubble nest.
This is the little guy, now dubbed Finn:

So, your just going through a tough time, it may seem really bad right now and you may feel like giving up... but just hang on, in the end, its worth it
LittleBettas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2011, 09:00 PM   #3 
n3wport

aww man, that sucks, but I bet he will look awesome when his fins grow out. He kinda looks like a cute lil fishie sausage. And yea I know, its just frustrating cause my fave fish died for no reason
Old 08-08-2011, 09:04 PM   #4 
LittleBettas

yah, I feel sorry for him, but hes a no business kind of guy, hes a fighter, and hes is going to be GORGEOUS (lol, he does look lke a sausage now)

That realy sucks :/ but you did give him a better life, he got to live out his days as a pet rather than a piece of property or a decoration, trus me, he appreciated it in his fishy way
Old 08-08-2011, 09:07 PM   #5 
ForbiddenSecrets

*hugs* I know how you feel hun. My first boy died a while back for no reason at all as well. He had never once been sick or showed any signs of illness/stress/anything but for some reason he just passed away D:
ForbiddenSecrets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2011, 09:08 PM   #6 
n3wport

I know... I just feel like I did something wrong, he looked all werid when I saw him dead it was disturbing to me. he was fine in the morning.. Im sure 98% of people on this forum had a fish die no fault on their part, I was just so sad, and now everything is making me more paranoid that everyone else is going to die too :'(
Old 08-08-2011, 09:16 PM   #7 
nel3

damn, thats a sad looking betta from the lack of fins. i presume the only fins a betta cant live without are the ones behind the gills? any idea how he lost the fins? i wish you the best of luck with finn.
nel3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2011, 09:26 PM   #8 
LittleBettas

Fin rot is my best guess, the tips he has left are dipped in black, its going to be a LONG road of recovery, his must have taken LONG time though and been extremelly painful, thank you nel, I think we are both going to need it
Old 08-08-2011, 10:09 PM   #9 
Pitluvs

I know how you feel. When I started tropical tanks, I couldn't get my tank to cycle for the life of me. Then I got hit with Ich. Then Colunmaris. I was ready to smash the heck out of the 29g tank. I cannot count the times I swore I would never own fish again.

Then when I got Bettas, I lost my first two in the same week. I had Venom for a week and Carnage for 3-4 days. I swore I wouldn't have Bettas. But... instead I went out and bought a new tank, food, conditioner, plants, rocks.. and picked the healthiest Betta I could find. My task was to keep him alive. That was over a month ago, Ben is doing great! I was confident enough to take on 2 different SBD boys and one with Ammonia poisoning/burns.

Keep going, push through it. I swear it will be rewarding!! I am now planning on my second tropical tank with a Gouramis, and my 5th Betta arrives tomorrow :) This forum helped so so much.
Pitluvs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2011, 10:17 PM   #10 
n3wport

Thank you :]. Im going to trash everything in my ten gallon (minusing the 2 bettas and ONE live plant that never gave me static] and start fresh, it'll help take one thing on at a time..

- cycling tank
- focusing on finrot AGAIN and fungus AGAIN
- hating plants that arent the cryptwhatever I have

I can do it.. I beat ich and velvet before!

Just really loved my white fish. Like he was just a fish but when he died I was like okay I hate fish never again..

:'(