Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 08-10-2011, 04:21 PM   #31 
1fish2fish

$33 for Tallahassee, he was a Blue OHM ex-show fish from MartinisMommy, and boy did I love that fish :( I'm sorry I never got any viable fry from him.

Now my most prized fish have all been free. There was my second Betta ever, an orange dal VT named "Fish" who was with me for 4.5 long years, he was a gift. And my two adopted fish General Lee and Poe (r.i.p).. technically I paid $15 for them because I paid to have them shipped from Kentucky and New York respectively but I don't count shipping.
1fish2fish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2011, 04:25 PM   #32 
Luimeril

$18 for my two new girls, Spy and Heavy, but i bought them from Chard56. if you break it down, though, it was $4 for each, and $10 for shipping.

besides those two, it was Weiss and Theo, my two HMPK boys. they both were $10 from Pet Lover's. Weiss passed away last 4th of July, and Theo's my blind boy.
Luimeril is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2011, 09:34 PM   #33 
HatsuneMiku

yuki my HM was $3.99 (original price was suppose to be 8.99 .. but i had went into the petsmart to get some betta food and they didn't have the one i wanted .. and that store was grand opening and sent a mailer to my house for $5 off .. so instead of buying the intended food .. i had to save yuki .. the bettas there were in really bad condition)

my other 4 bettas were $1.99 each (also from petsmart .. they just happened to be on sale)

Last edited by HatsuneMiku; 08-10-2011 at 09:37 PM.
HatsuneMiku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2011, 10:08 PM   #34 
Pitluvs

Quote:
Originally Posted by hmckin20 View Post
$3. i'm still a relative newbie and i'm prone to buying the sad looking fish in the petstore.
I knooowww. Me too! I bought Carnage simply because I liked him and everyone here introduced me to Aquabid lol All my boys are pet store babies now :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjoy79 View Post
exactly. I think I've spent around $500 on tanks and accessories for all my fish
I don't even want to count what I've spent in total for fish/tanks/accessories/ filters/pumps/rocks/sand/paint/stands.... fish/shipping. We're guessing I've racked up over $2000 so far. I'm going to be divorced before I'm married! lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lion Mom View Post
The most expensive fish I have EVER purchased is the Giant (Atlas) that I am getting from Jennifer next week - $50.00 total. $40.00 for the fish & $10.00 shipping.

Shouldn't have spent the money, but I have been wanting a Giant FOREVER & just never found the "one" till now.

Gosh - I am just about GIDDY!!! LOL!
I so so want a Giant. I'll own one someday when I know more about them :) Congrats!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mistress View Post
yuki my HM was $3.99 (original price was suppose to be 8.99 .. but i had went into the petsmart to get some betta food and they didn't have the one i wanted .. and that store was grand opening and sent a mailer to my house for $5 off .. so instead of buying the intended food .. i had to save yuki .. the bettas there were in really bad condition)

my other 4 bettas were $1.99 each (also from petsmart .. they just happened to be on sale)
I wish ours were that cheap.. I think I'd cry if I saw $1.99 Bettas. Even our females are $7+ here.
Pitluvs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2011, 10:19 PM   #35 
HatsuneMiku

during that same sale at petsmart.. girls were $0.99 @_@

regular price females are $2.99
veiltails are $3.99
crown tails are 4.99-5.99 i forget which
and hm's are 8.99

the most expensive place i've seen had them at 19.99 and the label said "white bettas" .. while the regular veiltails they had were 15.99 @_@ .. and they didn't look much different then the one's that were at petsmart
HatsuneMiku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2011, 10:21 PM   #36 
Betta Slave

<.<

>.>

$30, not including shipping and handling. Totally worth it though.
Betta Slave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2011, 11:17 PM   #37 
remiska28

$9 for my newest addition Dragon. $200 in tanks and supplies for my 6 beta's. For my oscars about $500 all told, but I made that money back with the oscars first spawn. $10 for a 1.5 inch baby oscar.

My oscars are currently nesting again...and their current spawn is only 6 weeks old...
remiska28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2011, 12:43 AM   #38 
crezelda

i paid more for my marimo balls than any one of my fish

...worth it
crezelda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2011, 06:24 AM   #39 
trilobite

yesterday I paid $50 NZD for a VT... $280 NZD for one tank set up.. not including the heater though... each fish in NZ ranges from $25-60...This addiction is not kind on cash
trilobite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2011, 06:38 AM   #40 
Larsa

just on my fish..... Ryu was $7, Izume was $8, Jappi was $8, Sakura, $3, Kasumi, $5, Kimiyo $2, Natsuko, $3, Amaya, $5.

10 gal with filter $30
1 gal $11
2x 2.5 gals with filter $40
aquarium decor stuff at least $50
Personal homemade betta first aid kit:
anti fungus meds
anti bacterial meds
ph tests/ ph strips
water conditioners
emergency food
betta revive
ph/ ammonia removers
aquarium salt
nets
algae removers
portable betta bowls - in case of tornados

kit alltogther worth
over $56

NLS pellet food $8
Frozen Daphnia $5
Frozen beefheart $5
bloodworms $7
whisper filter $10
** spouse gets filter refills :) :) :)
Plants $15
sponge filter $5
toys-$5-$10

**some small stuff was free..shhhh ;)

OMG...
manipulative water twerps!!!!

wow still after how much i spend... compared to others im a light spender on bettas o.0

i wont count any water bills on tank cleaning and water changes because i rent an apartment so i get free water where i live :) awesome for fish owners!!

Last edited by Larsa; 08-11-2011 at 06:49 AM.
Larsa is offline   Reply With Quote