Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 08-09-2011, 04:49 PM   #1 
Dozzem

There was this HUGE Beta at Petco!

I went to petco to get gravel, AQ salt and other fishy things. I looked at the betas and was watching a very pretty red VT with a curve in his to fin (SO CUTE) I turned around and almost peed myself!

There was a HUGE white/lavender dragon HM male! He had short fins but he was HUGE! He was flaring at the female next to him (she really didn't care) He was almost 3in~!

I should of gotten him but I was under a time and money limit!!! I also only have a spare 1gal bowl at home. I might see him agen today.

I am new at the whole beta thing and my baby Ula (Profile pic) is sick (agen)

Should I get the HUGE betta? <3 I will be getting another beta when I am ready :D
Dozzem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 08:24 PM   #2 
Vizja13

I would get him and upgrade to a 2.5 gal minimum ASAP...or send him to me! XP
Vizja13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 08:52 PM   #3 
Pataflafla

Just be very careful if you get him. My sister has had terrible luck with giants. 3 out of the 4 we've bought total have died from bacterial infections and other causes. They're not genetically stable and get sick easily when stressed.

If you do get him, a 2.5 will probably be a little too small for him. Anything above would probably be better, but you'll have to keep up with the changes without mistakes. And you probably shouldn't house him next to or with any other fish since they're so prone to illness. Plenty of hiding spots too, enough that you could technically do a sorority instead that way he's got places to get away if he needs to.

Keep maracyn 2 on hand, in my opinion, since the three of my sister's that died all pineconed and that's usually related to an internal bacterial infection that maracyn 1 cannot handle.

Giants are a lot of work and stress if you don't get them from similar conditions that they'll be housed in.
Pataflafla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 10:04 PM   #4 
Dozzem

Hehehehe your funny vizja! That's crazy pataflafla! He was sooo cool :D I should get another one then, I'm all new to this.

I am looking for a shiny beta, maybe female, to have next to my male HM but what is up with the female eggness?
Dozzem is offline   Reply With Quote