Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 08-02-2011, 03:10 PM   #1 
trilobite

Getting nervous...

So I bought myself a hmpk in the weekend and arranged to have him shipped over, shipping usually is overnight within nz and fish arrive safe and sound with their heat packs still warm. However in this case the owner sent the fish on monday and it still hasnt arrived...(tis now wednesday) so now I'm nervous that the betta will become cold and die. I've even skipped a day of uni so if he arrives hes not waiting in the cold for hours.
Hopefully you guys can put me to ease by answering this simple question. How long does a betta last in transit?
trilobite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2011, 04:05 PM   #2 
PewPewPew

Quote:
Originally Posted by trilobite View Post
So I bought myself a hmpk in the weekend and arranged to have him shipped over, shipping usually is overnight within nz and fish arrive safe and sound with their heat packs still warm. However in this case the owner sent the fish on monday and it still hasnt arrived...(tis now wednesday) so now I'm nervous that the betta will become cold and die. I've even skipped a day of uni so if he arrives hes not waiting in the cold for hours.
Hopefully you guys can put me to ease by answering this simple question. How long does a betta last in transit?
My boyfriend's survived with a heat pack 3 days and then another 2 after the seller shipped to his school and not his house :)

Its fine, the box will be insulated and the heat pack will continue to keep the fish okay.
PewPewPew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2011, 09:51 PM   #3 
trilobite

Unhappy

he arrived dead
Old 08-02-2011, 09:56 PM   #4 
PewPewPew

He did? Oh no, Im so sorry :c
PewPewPew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2011, 09:59 PM   #5 
freeflow246

Wow, that's terrible. Who did you buy him from? If I were you I'd demand a free fish and a refund.
freeflow246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2011, 10:25 PM   #6 
trilobite

yeah I was really dissappointed. The worst part is he still had his colour so he must of died not long before he got to my house :( if only the courrier were faster.
The owner is just a nz hobbiest and shipping was at my risk. They offered me $20 in return and told me they were really sorry. apparently they have never had any of their fish die during shipping before. Just my luck that I was their first.
They have more dragons so I'm going to see if i can sneak a bargin or two from them.
Argh im so guttered about it though. He was the exact fish that i needed. It spoiled my mood for the day.
Old 08-02-2011, 10:35 PM   #7 
freeflow246

At least they apologized. I've heard of some sellers who just brushed it off. And yea, definitely push a bit for a deal.
How far is the distance between you two? I've seriously considered buying a betta online before, but I wouldn't be comfortable having my fish shipped over more than a few states (unless it's imported, because I know there's some special system there).
Old 08-02-2011, 11:25 PM   #8 
trilobite

I googled it to be 762.49km exactly. not too far. I ship most of my fish from that area of nz, this is the first casualty though.
If I was you I'd give it a go. Just make sure its a trusted seller who almomst always succesfully ships their fish.

really? some just brush it off? thats really bad of them.
yeah i definatley need a dragon for my breeding plan I dont know how to ask without sounding rude though... and thats the only person in nz who has has them.
importing into nz is waaay too expensive and is very rarely done so we are stuck with what occasionally comes in and rely upon the lucky person who manages to find an imported fish to breed more for the rest of the country.
Old 08-03-2011, 01:07 PM   #9 
freeflow246

I'm not sure how far away Chard56 is, but I've heard great things about them, and looking at their stock, I know that I would definitely buy from them if I was ready for another betta. I'm pretty sure that they've never lost a betta in the mail.
Here's their Aquabid page (several dragons there):
http://www.bettafish.com/showthread.php?t=76388
And here's a breeding diary with one of his/her females:
http://www.bettafish.com/showthread.php?t=76388
Chard is also a member here, so I'm sure that you could message him/her with some questions.
Old 08-03-2011, 01:09 PM   #10 
freeflow246

Oh, but he only ships to the US. Sorry, my bad.