Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 08-10-2011, 06:08 PM   #11 
Kytkattin

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForbiddenSecrets View Post
To be fair the packaging on those betta mirrors does tell you to only keep it in for a few minutes or so for some exercise before removing it.

Edit: Not that flaring is really the best way to get make them healthy but every once in a while isn't bad.
To be honest, short of putting a stick in the tank and chasing them around, I can't think of any other way to exercise them. Obviously having a big enough tank is important, but I have had fish that just don't seem interested in trying to stay healthy until they think they are being invaded.

Of course you could also just get another betta and put it in a tank next to him. I vote for this one because it = more bettas!
Kytkattin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2011, 08:17 PM   #12 
Eris Harmonia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kytkattin View Post
You know, there really does have to be some irony when a betta sees his own reflection, flares, and thinks he could totally take on the fish he is flaring at. I mean they obviously don't rationalize it like that, but if they did...
My betta actually scared himself away by flaring when I held a mirror up to his tank today xD I was trying to get a picture of him, but the fact that he scared himself off kind of ruined it.
Eris Harmonia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2011, 08:30 PM   #13 
dragonflie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eris Harmonia View Post
My betta actually scared himself away by flaring when I held a mirror up to his tank today xD I was trying to get a picture of him, but the fact that he scared himself off kind of ruined it.
Well....it could be worse. About a year and a half ago, I had a CT, wanted to get a good flaring shot of him. One of the few times I managed to have one flare and actually sit still long enough for me to snap the grooviest shot of awesomeness I ever had.

Except the flaring made him explode in poop. Having just gotten him from the store the day before I guess he was a bit constipated? Flaring uh, "fixed" that problem...unfortunately for the grooviest shot of awesomeness, it was rather ruined by the little brown digs floating all around him.
dragonflie is offline   Reply With Quote