Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Compatibility
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 08-14-2011, 02:58 AM   #11 
Fishehgobloop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sakura8 View Post
Platies would be a good alternative, similar to mollies in temperament but smaller. And Fruit Tetras are bad, they're just dyed white skirt tetras who usually die within months of purchase because of the trauma of the dyeing process. Sigh, I wish people wouldn't dye fish, they're plenty colorful on their own.
Sakura8, you're telling me that my tetras are DYED? seriously? -.- Well. I did not know that. Nothing I read on them said that. Well.

BTdubs, I'm the friend with the tank. lol. I just couldnt believe what I read just now about the tetras. =/
Fishehgobloop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2011, 09:40 AM   #12 
Sakura8

Fishehgobloop, sorry but yeah. That's what I read when I went to research them.
http://www.fishlore.com/fishforum/te...uit-tetra.html (also just google "fruit tetra")
It's okay, you didn't know and I'm sorry to be the bearer of bad news. Watch them carefully, you should see the color start to fade after a few months if they live that long.
Sakura8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2011, 12:24 PM   #13 
Neil D

6 bettas are really the max for that size tank. No other animal should go in that tank. do 50% weekly water changes. that's my two cents
Neil D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2011, 01:05 PM   #14 
Kiwimommy

My girls are really sweet :) I saw my smallest girl brush up against the most aggressive one (to males, anyways) and neither seemed upset about it. Actually, I think my girl brushed up against the other one on purpose!
I may get 2 more girls until I upgrade to a 20 gallon.
Kiwimommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2011, 12:05 AM   #15 
Fishehgobloop

Kiwimommy my girls are the same way! I love how well they all get along (Azrael is the exception, but I have her in a different bowl). And I'm getting a bigger tank, as well. I'll probably split my 10 gal in half and put a couple of my males in it.

Sakura8 I will keep an eye on them as long as I have them. They seem to be prone to getting sick, so I think you're right that they aren't going to last long. =/ Shouldda looked them up before I bought them.
Fishehgobloop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2011, 12:58 AM   #16 
Sakura8

Fishegobloop, I'm sorry about your fruit tetras. :( But at least your bettas are doing well. :)
Sakura8 is offline   Reply With Quote