Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Diseases and Emergencies
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 08-10-2011, 02:53 PM   #1 
crystalmylovee

Question treatment

I started using the Tetra all in one treatment for fin rot, I was wondering if I can do water changes while doing treatment? I have a 10 gallon tank and I'm treating both my betas (divided tank). both have also been very "jumpy" and darting everywhere every time I come near the tank ever since I started the treatment, what can this be? is this normal?
crystalmylovee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2011, 10:14 AM   #2 
tf1265

You can do water changes, but make sure you replace the medication that would have been removed with the water. If you remove 1 gallon of water, put in 1 gallons worth of medication after the change.

If your tank is filtered and you use activated carbon, make sure you remove that from the filter as it will filter out the medication.

As for the jumpiness, they can get high-strung if water conditions change (such as adding medication) or if they are sick. I wouldn't worry too much about that, some bettas are moody. Mine sometimes practically jump out of the tank when I walk by (they think i'm going to feed them), and sometimes are too busy to notice.
tf1265 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2011, 12:14 PM   #3 
crystalmylovee

thank you so much (:
Posted via Mobile Device
crystalmylovee is offline   Reply With Quote