Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Diseases and Emergencies
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 08-12-2011, 11:07 AM   #31 
jackiekhaytin

are they going to stay clear or do they turn the color of my betta?
jackiekhaytin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2011, 11:17 AM   #32 
Sakura8

Eventually the growth will turn the same color as your betta. The color might not be exactly the same but it will be close.
Sakura8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2011, 11:28 PM   #33 
jackiekhaytin

help help help!!!!!!!!! he looks all bloated around his stomach now!!!!!!!! idk what it is or why!!!!!! his fin rot didnt get any worse, he was fine then i did a waer change left the house and now hes all bloated looking!!!!!!!!!!! hes swimming around fine but idk what to do please help!!
Old 08-13-2011, 12:28 AM   #34 
Sakura8

Did he eat today? If he did, how much? Get him out of the AQ salt immediately and put him into clean dechlorinated water with 2 tsps of EPSOM salt. The epsom salt will help stimulate his system into passing waste as well as leeching excess fluids out. How badly bloated is he? Can you get a pic?
Old 08-13-2011, 07:44 AM   #35 
jackiekhaytin

He ate yesterday around 5 pellets, he's not bloated enough to see in a picture I just tried taking some, he's swiming around normally, and the bloating went down a lot from yesterday, should I skip feeding him today?
Old 08-13-2011, 07:49 AM   #36 
jackiekhaytin

It just looked a little more rounded than usual. Maybe he over ate and I panicked, it looks nothing like any disease that causes bloat
Old 08-13-2011, 09:54 AM   #37 
Sakura8

If you're not sure, definitely fast him. It won't hurt him and it will most likely help him. He may have overeaten. Cut down to 4 pellets and if you don't already, feed small meals several times a day. I panicked once when I thought my guy had bloated but he'd just eaten a different pellet than usual and it fattened him up for a while. It's so easy to do, don't worry.
Old 08-13-2011, 09:58 AM   #38 
jackiekhaytin

So 4 pellets split into a couple feedings? And on the bright side his fins show a little new growth, I'm so happy.
Old 08-13-2011, 10:03 AM   #39 
Sakura8

Yeah. You could feed 2 in the morning and 2 at night, or 1 pellet 4 times a day. Whatever works for you. That gives him time to digest his food. And I'm glad his fins are growing back. Yay!
Old 08-18-2011, 10:44 AM   #40 
ANHEL123

Hi just want to find out how is betta doing. Also i think it too much when u feed him 4 or 5 pellets at the same time. I agree with Sakura. I usually feed my in the morning and at night. It not good to give them that many pellets at once that is why he might be bloated. Bettas stomach so little. Put pellets in the water and wait when it expand now imagine how it in betta stomach.

Also just want to say when u use Aquarium salt don't afraid to do it . U are not going to harm him. And dosage 1/2 tsp it not a treatment u have to use correct dosage which is 1tsp/gall to 3tsp/gall and it can be not longer than 10 days. Dosage depends on the symptoms.

But Epsom salt u can use the same dosage but long term.

Both of the salt treatments do with 100% daily water changes. Of course it is important to make sure that the temperature within the same range. And it better to QT them. And pre mix salt in the empty jar for correct dosage.

Aquarium salt u use for injuries,wounds,external parasite, fin damage/rot.

Epsom salt for buoyancy issues, swim bladder problems, constipation.

Also I think if ur betta was in 79-80* u don’t need to make water warmer. Especially fin rot can be bacterial or fungal and fungus love worm water so don’t make it warmer

Sorry if I repeating that someone probably already said.

How is ur betta?
ANHEL123 is offline   Reply With Quote