Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Diseases and Emergencies
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 08-11-2011, 12:15 AM   #1 
CyerRyn

Bloo's outlook is not good

I got his fins to stop deteriorating, however he is looking horrible. He has almost no color on him except his fins being a blue tint.. he's got stress stripes and his breathing seems very labored. I just switched him from his 1gal bowl to a cup because I just came home and found him just laying on the bottom not moving for anything.. even with me touching him. He's just laying at the bottom of the cup now. I'll keep him in the cup and hope he pulls through and gets better before returning him... but I just have this feeling I'm going to lose him. The aquarium salt treatment didn't work and I was using 1drop/gal of Quick Cure for the past couple days and it hasn't improved his condition. I guess I can only hope now that he has the strength to get through this. If anyone knows anything else I can try please feel free to post.
CyerRyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2011, 02:08 AM   #2 
DNangel

Thats sad, i hope he gets better. I hope none of my betta fish get sick like that...ever o:

Well i wish your betta the best of luck.

DNangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2011, 02:38 AM   #3 
sseward

my fish just got through the same exact thing. he had all the same symptoms, except his fins are fine. i had my fish in a 2 gallon bowl, but i made it very shallow so he could get to the surface to breathe. also, i added nutrafin betta plus, betta revive, and epsom salt into his water. also, try fasting the fish for a few days. and keep his water pretty warm, i kept mine around 82 degrees. with this treatment my fish made a complete turnaround in three days :)
sseward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2011, 08:17 AM   #4 
Sakura8

Aside from the Quick Cure, have you been treating him with anything else? Was he breathing heavily while his fins were bad?
Sakura8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2011, 01:05 PM   #5 
CyerRyn

I'm gonna float the cup I have him in in my big tank when its warmed up and see if that perks him up. I have his cup right next to me and he was all stress striped an hour ago.. now his color is back. He has absolutely no coordination.. is constantly swimming upside down idk if he's reaching air.. must be though or he'd be dead ;o but it looks like he is struggling hard which is why I dropped the lvl of water in it to about an inch deep. I premixed salt+quick cure and I will be refilling his cup with it every 6-8hrs. Idk what else to do but hope he pulls through. :(

And Sakura, no he wasnt breathing heavily when his fins were deteriorating.. idk what brought up it maybe from the treatment. :(
Old 08-11-2011, 04:11 PM   #6 
CyerRyn

**Update**
Ever since I did what I stated above^... he's perked up swimming upright and gained some more color back. His labored breathing has stopped. My hope for his recovery is growing! It makes me wonder if having him by me has helped him too. He's still eating which I know is a good sign!
Old 08-11-2011, 11:16 PM   #7 
Sakura8

CyerRyn, I'm glad he's perked up! Sounds like being next to you and getting warmed up in the big tank really helped. I hope he pulls through.
Sakura8 is offline   Reply With Quote