Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 08-11-2011, 03:00 AM   #1 
hmckin20

Indian Almond Leaf?

so.. i've been reading about this plant, and was wondering a few things about it.

first off, do you buy it as a literal plant or as a solution of some sort?
is it okay to keep in your betta's tank all the time? as in, add with conditioner- if it isn't already in conditioner?
where do you get this stuff exactly?
hmckin20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2011, 03:25 AM   #2 
HatsuneMiku

my bf bought it online from a family that was selling it .. i think was 100 leaves for 2 dollars but shipping it was like 9 dollars from over seas @_@

this is a pretty good guide:
http://reviews.ebay.com/What-to-look...00000003828138

i can't find the exact e-bay seller that my bf bought them at .. i'll have to ask him tomorrow when he wakes up from sleeping =D .. but the one's he got were really awesome .. they were all full dried leafs .. no rips or bends in them and each one is probably the size of a dollar bill .. some are even bigger then that
HatsuneMiku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2011, 06:43 AM   #3 
Marieukxx

You can buy an extract which is more expensive or just buy the dried leaves which are best really. It depends on the size of the tank how much you use but you just pop in a leaf and the tannins will leach out into the water. It eventually sinks to the bottom and doesn't need to be replaced for 2 to 3 weeks until it starts to rot.
Marieukxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2011, 08:59 AM   #4 
cajunamy
Banned

You buy it as a leaf. Yes, you also need to add your conditioner. It works really well for bettas since originally bettas lived in water with these leaves. It keeps them nice and healthy and helps prevent illness. Of course it is not a cure all, but it is a great preventative. It helps boost their immune system.
cajunamy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2011, 10:59 AM   #5 
hmckin20

okay, thanks guys! 8D
hmckin20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2011, 07:38 PM   #6 
Kytkattin

If you happen to have a live planted tank, if you leave the leaves in and let them decay they will put out CO2 and can be used as fertilizer by your plants. :)
Kytkattin is offline   Reply With Quote