Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 08-11-2011, 01:18 AM   #1 
MrNighttime

Betta guilt

Do you ever go to the pet store or Wal-mart and get deep pangs of guilt when you cant take one home no matter how sad and pathetic they look?

Happened to me tonight at Petco. There, inside a tiny cup, on teh very bottom of the display, was a turquoise/greenish king halfmoon betta. He looked gorgeous and majestic and I went "OOOOOOHHHHH!!!!!!" He only had maybe a half inch of space between his tail and nose and the sides of the cup and the water barely covered him....I wanted him immediately....I was contemplating how to finagle things...

Then the $30 price tag reared its ugly head and there was no way I could afford that at this time. I looked at him for a long time and felt such an ache.

All I could do was gripe and moan to the passing employees about the lack of clean water and the algae growing in many of hte betas cups. The employee smiled and gave it a glance and said thankyou.

Man i feel guilty about that king.

Last edited by dramaqueen; 08-20-2011 at 01:56 PM.
MrNighttime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2011, 01:29 AM   #2 
DNangel

That has happened to me lol, but in my situation, i bought the betta fish :D. I also ended up putting her with my other betta fish (male) in a 3.6 gallon tank lol. I don't really know if that is good, ok, or bad lol.
DNangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2011, 01:39 AM   #3 
PewPewPew

DNangel, please remove them. They should never live together, ever.

Night, please watch your language. This is a family forum!
PewPewPew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2011, 02:20 AM   #4 
MrNighttime

What language are you referring to Pew?
MrNighttime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2011, 02:49 AM   #5 
PewPewPew

"female dog" ;) Just for future.
Old 08-11-2011, 03:19 AM   #6 
DNangel

ok well thanx for the advice pew (now my halfmoon has all the space to himself xD).
DNangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2011, 03:25 AM   #7 
PewPewPew

No problem, hun :) Welcome to the forum.
Old 08-11-2011, 03:28 AM   #8 
Pitluvs

I do this every time I go to the pet store. I've taken home 4 boys in 2 months, I've been to the pet store about 40 times in that span. What kills me is the Bettas that are left are just as worthy as mine of a good home, I just don't have the space/money/time for so many :( What helps me is... for every Betta I take home, my boys get a little less time with me. I have 5 here, if I had 6.. it's a little less. 7 is a little more less time... 8... 9.... and so on. The more I take, the more I risk my own being neglected. That keeps me sane when I have to walk away. I just hope someone gives them a good home.
Pitluvs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2011, 05:54 AM   #9 
Larsa

yeeeeah :( when i got ryu his brother was dancing a lot trying to get my attention but he was sooo small.... anytime i went over to petco he'd dance at me. the one day i wanted him i looked for him and he was gone...hope he found a good home

i look at the poor bettas at walmart and petsmart and wish i had like 1000 tanks XD sometimes i just cant resist some males at petco so my spouse covers up the betta wall with his body anytime we visit petco so i dont get some more LOLZZZ

i hope all bettas in the world find nice home with a loving owner and dont become abused or used in " fish fights" :'(

bettas are so manipulative too..... those lil' twerps XD
Larsa is offline   Reply With Quote