Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 08-10-2011, 11:52 PM   #1 
metalbetta

Guess who's back? Back again?

MB's back. Tell a friend.
Yeah. That's right, I'm a metal head. And I know the words to most of Eminem's songs.

Anyway, I haven't been on a ton since I've moved, my only means of getting online are my phone and my parent's lap top, and my phone allows me to get on this website, but it takes up a TON of data, and I can't respond to anything. I can access it on the lap top, however I don't think they have an antivirus system on it so I avoid getting on anything but facebook, email, bank acct, etc.
BUT, I'm at my boyfriend's place, so that means I get to get on the forum! :)

So, I still have fish. 8 of 'em right now. Gee, seems like such a small number to what I had just a few months ago. I miss my girlies. And my special little dal guy. *sigh* but back to the living ones, we've got a pretty nice setup going on down in my basement bedroom... Though I need a couple of power strips, extension cords, MOAR heaters and another divider or a new tank to achieve exactly what I want. Still a couple of sick ones, and I'm P.O'ed because my Maracyn II hasn't shown up yet. Urgh. So pics will be up of the finished set up, or as I like to call it the WALL OF FISH once I have everything done the way I like it.
But, if you want to see the waterspots from hell, you're more than welcome to take a look at a few update pictures. At least the ones they let me get. A few of my fish like to hide when they see the camera, besides the lighting sucks. But here.

Winston and Evans are set up under my TV. Pain in the butt to siphon but I like it. lol

Evans my rescue boy being awesome.

I messed up his epic nest when I was siphoning, so now it's all around the edges of the tank.

Cameron is still... Cameron.

Noelle is sharing a space with Cameron (divided of course), and therefore she is presumably eggy. And she clamps up like super fast when I bring out the camera. But she's a happy little lady, just need to scrounge up another heater! (and another power strip so they have creepy flourescent lighting) and we're all set!
What's awesome though is she's marbling red! That red on her tail and anal fin wasn't there a few months back. Looks good when she's at full spread too! ... Reminding me of Mew more and more every day :(

^She's the only one who hasn't shown any effects from being in the infected tank. I'm crossing my fingers that that bloat is only from eggs, and feeding her a bunch. ( I tend not to be around 24/7 so I stuff my fish before I leave) If I see any fuzzies I'll flip.

Anyway, those are just a few pictures, I'm sure I'll update more in the actual picture thread soon. Eeeeenjoy!
metalbetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2011, 11:59 PM   #2 
metalbetta

Okay, one more. I warned you about the water spots...
Here's my big old orange guy, Winston.
Old 08-11-2011, 12:01 AM   #3 
krelda

Holy cow! Winston is the coolest colored betta fish! I love that orange color!
krelda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2011, 01:00 AM   #4 
tsoto80

welcome back! Beautiful fish as always!
tsoto80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2011, 01:11 AM   #5 
dramaqueen
Banned

I love your fishies!
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2011, 01:48 AM   #6 
metalbetta

Thanks for the warm welcome, guys!
I don't know what it is, but I could go to wal-mart, pick out the most pathetic looking fish there, and it'd turn out gorgeous. I think it's a Nebraska thing. lol
Old 08-11-2011, 03:16 AM   #7 
CodeRed

Aah, Winston is still handsome! And grumpy! lol! I love all of your fish, honest to goodness.
CodeRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2011, 05:59 AM   #8 
Larsa

awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww i drew that avatar!!!!!!!!!!!!! T-T my best work... your girls are so gorgeous!!!!!

winston is a pretty boy :p orange bettas are sooo cute! they look better to me than goldfish. LOL
Larsa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2011, 06:16 AM   #9 
trilobite

Winston is a beast! I love him
trilobite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2011, 06:22 AM   #10 
Larsa

trilobite, thats a feisty looking plakat XD also i used to look for trilobites up north when i was studying paleomarinbiology and paleontology focusing on the Devonian and Silurian ( not in college but for fun :p )

MB, that little cambodian girl does look just like mew... maybe its secretly her sister? :p best of luck to your fishies!

Last edited by Larsa; 08-11-2011 at 06:25 AM.
Larsa is offline   Reply With Quote