Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Breeding Betta Fish
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 08-11-2011, 04:07 PM   #1 
Panthera

Copper Marble Rosetail Spawn Log!

If you've read my other thread then you know I'll be spawning these guys as well as my Green Pair on the same day, and eventually be combining the fry together. The parents are Aztec and Dysis, a Male Copper Dragon Rosetail HM, and a female Copper Marble HM.

If all goes well I should have fry by next week, they're currently being conditioned and I plan to spawn them on Tuesday or sometime next week depending on my days off. Pics! And please comment on what you think :)

Aztec

Dysis

Panthera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2011, 04:47 PM   #2 
Bettawolf19

Ooo Love the colorings and the flowiness of his tail :)
Bettawolf19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2011, 05:55 PM   #3 
beat2020

Pretty fish but it's not really advised to breed rosetails because of the genetic issues that come with it. If you look close at the third picture of the male you see the scales overlap each other? That's a sign of a X-Factor fish. Here's an article explaining rosetails and the deformities that they can show/produce...

http://bettysplendens.com/articles/p...945&v=rosetail

http://bettysplendens.com/articles/p...984&v=rosetail
beat2020 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2011, 06:53 PM   #4 
LittleBettas

=O love the coloring!!!!!!
Beautiful fish, def. going to have great fry... good luck!
LittleBettas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2011, 11:31 PM   #5 
cajunamy
Banned

I personally wouldn't breed, but with the chosen girl not all fry may have deformities. As long as there is a way to humanely cull out the deformed ones, I don't see what's wrong with it.
cajunamy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2011, 12:45 AM   #6 
Eziekel

beautiful fish. any updates on the spawn?
Eziekel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2011, 04:45 PM   #7 
Panthera

Setting up this spawn tonight and gonna put Aztec in there with an IAL. Will probably put the female in the cup in the tank tomorrow, and release either tomorrow night or Wednesday.

And yes I realize the male has a deformity, but from what I've heard, there's a slim chance of the fry carrying the X-gene, considering the female has no relation to him. But if the fry do have the gene, I will adopt them out to people who promise not to breed them. Stay tuned!
Old 08-15-2011, 05:17 PM   #8 
cajunamy
Banned

if they have the gene, they may be badly deformed, worse than he is, like not able to swim or other deformities .. you may have to be ready to cull
Old 08-15-2011, 05:34 PM   #9 
Panthera

Oh yeah if they're badly deformed I will cull them, I did that with a few kinked spine fry in my past spawn. I may limit the spawn to begin with by taking the female out early, thats if it even works. There's no bubblenest from Aztec yet >.>
Old 08-15-2011, 08:16 PM   #10 
cajunamy
Banned

:( I have 2 rosetails right now, one made a nest :) That makes me so unbelievably happy b/c I just got them both a couple of days ago.

I tried spawning Gumbo, the fish in my AV (now deceased) - he had never ever made a nest and it didn't happen in the tank either.

From my one and only spawn, at first the male never made a nest - then I let the female out and they were flirting/chasing - I got nervous (first spawn jitters lol) and jarred the girl back up in the tank, then he made a nest. I guess he needed incentive lol