Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 08-11-2011, 06:57 PM   #1 
ArcticRain

Is this Tank suitable for a Betta?

I setup my Fish tank and it has been cycling for a few days. Now im wondering if it's suitable for a Betta? I will attach a picture below.

The tank is 2.5 gallons with a filter and a heater that i keep at 76-78 degrees.
All the plants are silk pants and i made sure the other stuff had no sharp edges.

I have seen people that have their one Betta in a 10 gallon tank with not many plants, so i really hope this setup is acceptable!

Thank you, sorry the picture is dark!

ArcticRain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2011, 06:59 PM   #2 
PewPewPew

The set up is fine, yes. Cycling is going to take much longer than a few days, though-- not sure if you know, but cycling is the Nitrogen Cycle-- which takes usually at least a few weeks, maybe even months :)
PewPewPew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2011, 07:09 PM   #3 
ArcticRain

Thank you! Yes, I know about the cycling process. I was just making sure the tank was ok.
ArcticRain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2011, 07:10 PM   #4 
Pitluvs

^^ I agree with what PPP says.

But as for the actual tank, it's perfect for a Betta. I have my boys in 1g and 1.5g. I just do many more water changes than those in larger tanks lol You really don't have to cycle that tank, it's going to take forever, be all over the place. Personally I wouldn't cycle anything under 5g but that's just me :)

Although I think my 1.5g is cycling on it own O_o
Pitluvs is offline   Reply With Quote