Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Breeding Betta Fish
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 08-11-2011, 07:39 PM   #1 
animallover4lyfe

Exclamation HELP PLeASE!!!

Ok so i started the breeding process. Female seperated in container in the breeding tank. Left them for pretty much the whole day. Female was showing vertical stripes and egg spot, flaring back at the male and swimming beside him in the container as close as she could get. So i took a chance and released her. I forgot to mention the male also was swimming in a s shape around her flaring but i waited and waited no sign of a bubblenest even with me adding another males bubblenest. He seems to be blowing bubbles but one every severla several minutes lol! Long time!!! And seems to be in different spots. Anyway they are loose together and are actually acting very calmly. Female isnt afraid at all she sometimes will even swim over to the male and flare at him! He is very gentle has never nipped or bite her at all hes just flaring and charging at her and she kind of avoids him most of the time. But shes not scared she doesnt go nuts and swim to a hiding place. So im SO confused on what to do!!!!

Should i leave her in? Or take her out completely or put her back into the container in the tank?
animallover4lyfe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2011, 07:42 PM   #2 
animallover4lyfe

Honestly its like two females when adding new members thy both stay on their sides of the tanks but if the female is in the open sometimes the male will come over to her and rub up against her and flare at her she seems like she doesnt even care, doesnt faze her. Sometimes the male even goes in the corner and chills on the live plant for a rest?
Old 08-11-2011, 07:45 PM   #3 
Panthera

Leave them be. The spawning process of Bettas is a highly aggressive act. They actually seem calm compared to some of my pairs. The female will hide if the male is aggressive enough, trust me, they're quite good at hiding when they need to. Only separate them if he is constantly chasing and attack her, and she looks to have no interest whatsoever in spawning.

Do what I did my first spawning. Cover the tank with a towel and go watch a movie, let them be and they'll do it in time. No sense worrying when its only what comes natural to them. Good luck!
Panthera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2011, 07:47 PM   #4 
animallover4lyfe

Thanks! Should i worry that hes not making a bubble nest?
Old 08-11-2011, 07:50 PM   #5 
animallover4lyfe

Should i take her out if her colour is faded(stripey?) as in she looks stressed i guess youd say?
Old 08-11-2011, 08:02 PM   #6 
Panthera

How long has it been since you released her and has he built any part of a bubblenest? If he isnt building and she looks stressed, I'd put her back in the vase/container for another day. What exactly are they both doing?
Old 08-11-2011, 08:11 PM   #7 
animallover4lyfe

Id say theyve been together for about two hours now. Hes not building a bubble nest at all....they both are basically doing their own thing! Once they see each other the male swims over flares at her an swims around her. She basically does anything she can do to get away when hes flaring at her at this point. She isnt frantic though very calmly swims away. They both take turns chilling in the bushy live plant for a short few mins. Sometimrs the female will come out in the open to the surface and just sit there and look up. But the male comes and flares at her and she swims away. He isnt harming her at all no nipping what so ever just flaring against her.
Old 08-11-2011, 08:13 PM   #8 
animallover4lyfe

She looks like a tiger tho very stripey and colour isnt as vibrant as normal. I dont think they will hurt each other they seem so calm besides the flaring!
Old 08-11-2011, 08:14 PM   #9 
Panthera

I'd leave them be for a bit longer. If nothing happens in a few hours, then put her back in the vase, and wait for a bubblenest. Sometimes if you tease him with the female that will get him to build it. They aren't attacking each other, so thats a good thing.
Old 08-11-2011, 08:19 PM   #10 
animallover4lyfe

K thanks!!! :) i was thinking the same thing ill leave them for another couple hours and if nothing then i gtg to bed and back in the vase she goes... This is all so confusing!!!!