Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Breeding Betta Fish
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 08-12-2011, 11:48 AM   #11 
FireKidomaru

Wow sounds like a confusing breeding time...I hope you have good luck in the morning :)
FireKidomaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2011, 01:41 PM   #12 
animallover4lyfe

so i took the female and put her back into her container last night, she was swimming away from the male and didnt seem interested. I am going to release her again after work 5pm ish, if it doesnt work out this time again, what should i do? try a different male or female? the male isnt even making a bubble nest....
animallover4lyfe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2011, 02:01 PM   #13 
trilobite

hmm I would seperate them so they cant see each other for a while (few days to a week) then introduce female to the male in the jar again.
Ususally the pair wont spawn immediately but it if they havent spawned in 4 days since I released the female I scrap the spawn and recondition them.
Good luck
trilobite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2011, 03:12 PM   #14 
NCPanthersgurl

I had the same issue with my Jazz. I was told to expose him to the female through glass every day for a small amount of time, until he'll flare at her for 15 minutes fairly steady. Dunno if it helps.
NCPanthersgurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2011, 03:45 PM   #15 
animallover4lyfe

ok thanks for your advice, i will try again to release her, if nothing happens in 2-3 days I will re-condition, i just really hope i dont have too!!!!! Let you know how it goes.....
Old 08-12-2011, 04:10 PM   #16 
Oldfishlady

How big is the spawning tank and how is it setup, what method do you plan to use, how did you condition them-how long, what foods and in what containers and could they see each other during the conditioning period, is this their first time to spawn and yours.....

Some males don't always build a nest, some never do and some will wait until they have eggs in their mouth and other build a massive nest covering the whole tank....lol......it can vary..even with the same male...they love to keep us on our toes.....
Oldfishlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2011, 07:49 PM   #17 
animallover4lyfe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldfishlady View Post
How big is the spawning tank and how is it setup, what method do you plan to use, how did you condition them-how long, what foods and in what containers and could they see each other during the conditioning period, is this their first time to spawn and yours.....

Some males don't always build a nest, some never do and some will wait until they have eggs in their mouth and other build a massive nest covering the whole tank....lol......it can vary..even with the same male...they love to keep us on our toes.....
Its a 10 gallon, two live plants in it,
One takes up a good amount of the surface on the far right.Probably about 6-7 inches high. Heater set to 80, and cup on left side. What do you mean by method? I conditoned them with frozen and dried bloodworms, frozen brime shrimp.Probably even longer than two weeks for the male and shorter for the female , got the female after male.My male was in a 20 gallon long beside two other males and my female was between two females. Yes this is the first time ever for me and my fish lol.

Yeah i read that but even with my female released for now two days, she was ready at first but the male has chased her away so much tht all she was doing was hiding and had no interest in the male at all.....

Soooo i think my male may be too young??? Is 4 months to young?

I am experimenting so i took those two out and put a new male in, he slowly started a bubble nest so i devided to add my 2nd choice female in and hes really workin on the bubble nest much more aggressive and attentive to the female in her container although this female is just swimming in her container, she seems to be ignoring him!!!! Ahhhh!!! How do u people have patience!!!!! Lol