Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Diseases and Emergencies
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 08-12-2011, 03:48 AM   #11 
Dozzem

@ Sakura I don't have stress coat. I don't think I saw him last week when I was looking at his bettas but you can never know. Thx

@ EarthWorm his eyes are no cloudy
Dozzem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2011, 03:59 AM   #12 
earthworm88

Ok. As Sakura said, it looks like ammonia poisoning. If the second picture on your first post is anything to go by, then it is quite severe.

Kudos to you for wanting to help this little guy, and I hope he will pull through for you and can do the wiggle dance for your effort one day.

Sakura is an expert when it comes to emergencies, so you are in good hand :)
earthworm88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2011, 04:01 AM   #13 
Sakura8

Daww, thanks Earthworm.

If you can get Stress Coat, that will help him a lot. It's a water conditioner but you can use it just on its own to help them heal faster. See if you can get him to eat. He's going to need his strength. Is he still breathing hard?
Sakura8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2011, 04:05 AM   #14 
Dozzem

Not as hard but still breathing more then befor. He is at the surface agean. Is stress coat costy? I really don't have much money left...

Edit: I should get it anyway. My marble is a bad tail biter. I am hoping he will stop now he as a fish next to him he can scar/ play with. Ula got very sad when I put a pillow case cover between them. :D
Old 08-12-2011, 04:08 AM   #15 
Sakura8

Uhm . . . yeah, I guess I would say Stress Coat costs a little. Like $12. It's not necessary. Mostly what will help is clean water. Keep his tank dim and the water around 80 degrees and hopefully he will calm down while you are asleep. I can't make any promises about his survival 'cause he does look pretty bad but I can say you're doing a great job taking care of him. Keep it up!
Old 08-12-2011, 04:15 AM   #16 
Dozzem

Thank you so so much! That brought tears to my eyes. I will see what I can do later about it all. My parents think I am crazy... I am feeling sick myself arg.

Ula likes him. The new guy like NEVER moves but lays next to were Ula can see him. It makes us all happy.

Anything else I can do?
Old 08-12-2011, 04:18 AM   #17 
Sakura8

Nope, you're doing everything you can. The rest is up to the little guy. I'll keep my fingers and toes crossed for him. But whatever happens, you did the right thing. Even if he *gulp* doesn't make it, at least you're giving him nice clean water to pass in and not an icky dirty cup. And the little guy now knows someone out there cares about him so that's good.
Old 08-12-2011, 04:23 AM   #18 
Dozzem

:D Thanks a TON! I feel better

I dropped food on his head, a frezed dryed bloodworm and pellates, nothing happed.
Old 08-12-2011, 04:24 AM   #19 
Sakura8

Okay, if he's not hungry that's fine. I'm not too surprised. He may just need to settle in a bit before he gets an appetite.
Old 08-12-2011, 08:15 AM   #20 
Tikibirds

There are small bottles of stress coat for about $5
Tikibirds is offline   Reply With Quote