Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Pictures
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 08-13-2011, 10:10 AM   #1 
Burd

Talking The new "king" needs a name..

I've been MIA for a while from these forums. I've had a lot of work and between planning a wedding and being a full time pet sitter/house wife/artist I've had my hands full. Just haven't been on the net as much lately.

I shop at Petco quite frequently. It's the only place that seems to carry Natural Balance cat food... which is a shame because it's all my kitties can eat. They have barfy problems with anything less. Anyway... I always look at the animals, naturally, and bettas are always in plentiful supply. There's been this one, a halfmoon king, that's been there for well over two months and it really pulled at my heart strings every time I saw him up on the top of the betta shelf just sitting there forever. At $20, that's a steep price for the average fish buyer, let alone a kid with his/her mommy whining for a new pet.

So I went to the shopping center with Petco this morning... got my milk and stuff... then got him. :P

He's currently bunking in a 1 gallon temporary holding tank until I can set up my empty 5 gallon for him, but it's WAY better than sitting in his cup for another month or two until he dies.

He's not particularly pretty. I'd go so far as to say somewhat ugly... but I like 'im! I don't have any names for him just yet so if you have a suggestion let me know! Also, he looks like a cambodian? Is that what you'd label him as or what is he?

And now... the pictures of my new 'king'.
Attached Images

Burd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2011, 10:17 AM   #2 
cajunamy
Banned

I actually do think he's pretty :) I love cambos, and can't beat purple fins!! I bet in your care he will pretty up alot more
cajunamy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2011, 12:46 PM   #3 
kathstew

WOW! I think he's GORGEOUS! I would have taken him! LOL
He's beautiful!
I won't torture you with my name suggestions XD
kathstew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2011, 01:08 PM   #4 
beasley

WOW! 20 bucks tho?! really. i got my newest fish for 7 bucks and he's a beauty
beasley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2011, 10:07 PM   #5 
moosyfate82

He's beautiful! I love the Kings. I have two at home right now. I would definitely say he's a Cambodian. Great find!
moosyfate82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2011, 12:56 AM   #6 
mookeeful

I think he is a nice lookin' fish and will definitely pretty up in your care!!! I say name him something totally big sounding like Hercules or go in the opposite direction with something like Tiny - but that's just me (: I am sure you will find something that suits him! Good find for sure!
mookeeful is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2011, 01:20 AM   #7 
betta lover1507

sad story i really do feel bad for him =[. but t least he has you to care for him instead of being in a small little cup for his life. i wish pet stores don't do that put them in a tiny cup until some picks them up or die. it is really sad they have to wait in little space where there very uncomfortable and bored to wait until someone picks them up. especially king's since they need to be kept in 1 gallon ( petco has it on there website and look where they are? in small cups).

but i never seen a king like that though he is pretty, he gots a cute chubby face look to him X33.
betta lover1507 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2011, 07:59 AM   #8 
Dragonlady

The first name that comes to mind for him is Vlad.
Dragonlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2011, 11:44 AM   #9 
Myates

He's handsome, and once you have him up in his new home, in time, he may just start to show you his true colors. :)
Myates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2011, 11:53 AM   #10 
Burd

Just an update on this guy... :)

He's now in his 5 gallon and active as can be! He's full of personality. He seems to be a little nervous about eating anything I give him at first but eventually eats it. He's gotten nothing but frozen bloodworms and brine shrimp so he's getting the best I can offer!

I've also pretty much settled on a rather unconventional name: "Chooba"
I have no idea why. I just started calling him that and it stuck, lol.
The husband calls him "Big *** fish" :P

I have to get a new bulb for the 5 gallon so for now good pics are hard to come by of him but here's a size comparison. :)

On the left is Ralis, my DT.
Attached Images

Burd is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
betta, halfmoon, king, male, petco