Sakura8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tisia View Post
and enjoys it! lol
See, see? Scary isn't she?
Sakura8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2011, 03:18 PM   #32 
HazelrahLayna7

Location: A lovely valley in VA, USA But Inkworld, Mossflower woods, Farsala, or The TARDIS is good too.
From the other thread:
Quote:
Yay, we've brought another person over to the moss ball side! Hazelrah, now that you're getting a moss ball, you could easily say you live in Mossflower Woods. Just don't mention that your version is a tank with moss balls and not a forest with an abbey for mice. (I love those books but I haven't read them in years, thanks Hazelrah, you've inspired me to go read Redwall again)
LOL, Mossball woods! XD I love the Redwall books too, they're so awesome! Yay, glad that I could do that for you! =D

And I got Nowhere Man and Blue Meany!! I got them yesterday, and just twirled them around in their containers with my finger today. And I still have it, so they aren't evil yet. <.< >.> Yet.
HazelrahLayna7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2011, 08:21 PM   #33 
UglyMuffin777

Okay I just purchased a moss ball(harry) for my 3 betta fry who arrived a couple days ago. I have much questions since I just thought you popped em in the tank and forgot about them till I read this.

1- I didn't quarntine Harry!!!! I just stuck him in the 10g tank with my fishies!! Is that bad and is it to late??? How do I quarntine him if so???

2- My tank is betta temp and has a somewhat bright floresent light. Is that way to light for Harry??

3- I found a fancy vase and some fancy glass rocks, can I put Harry in there? Do they have a minimum for tank size??

Okay, now I feel like I'm treating Harry like one of my bettas, lol.
UglyMuffin777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2011, 10:57 PM   #34 
ALS1104

i bought one!! im intrigued! i read where they will float or sink and even roll around on the bottom... mine hasnt moved yet... i think hes shy

ALS1104 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2011, 11:19 PM   #35 
cgchad

I ended up getting one of these things today. When I brought it home my daughter saw the cup from across the house. She looks over and says "What'd you get daddy?" So I explained to her it was a dark green Betta. She looked at it and then said "Daddy I don't think that's a Betta" So then I told her it was, it was just really sick.
After a while she figured out I wasn't telling her the truth so I showed her the thread about moss ball care. She spent an hour next to the tank wanting to see it "Fart".

Meanwhile I found the part where someone asked if they could climb out of the tank....I don't think she is going to sleep well now.
cgchad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2011, 12:07 AM   #36 
dramaqueen
Banned

lol! That was probably me that asked if they could climb out. I hope we didn't scare your daughter to death.
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2011, 01:26 AM   #37 
Eziekel

i bought two the other day. the guy said to squeeze them out every once in awhile. anyone does this?
Eziekel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2011, 01:37 AM   #38 
LittleBettas

ALS: Honestly, it seems every os ball is an individual, my m0ss ball, Fluffy (has recently been divided) would move all around the tank no matter where I wedged it... Globe on the other hand... didnt move an inch, even when I switched tanks! (their was suspicion thatmy evil betta, Tihs was the true culprit)

Eziekel: I do, you have to be really careful, put a cup in the water, gently put the moss ball in the cup, take cup out of water, GENTLY squeeze making sure to keep it in ballform.
Moss balls have a tendency to act like little filters and get "clogged" squeezing keeps both them and the tank len :D
LittleBettas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2011, 01:46 AM   #39 
tsoto80

Quote:
Originally Posted by dramaqueen View Post
lol! That was probably me that asked if they could climb out. I hope we didn't scare your daughter to death.
IT'S ALIVE!!! lol
tsoto80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2011, 01:55 AM   #40 
Sakura8

Quote:
Originally Posted by UglyMuffin777 View Post
Okay I just purchased a moss ball(harry) for my 3 betta fry who arrived a couple days ago. I have much questions since I just thought you popped em in the tank and forgot about them till I read this.

1- I didn't quarntine Harry!!!! I just stuck him in the 10g tank with my fishies!! Is that bad and is it to late??? How do I quarntine him if so???

2- My tank is betta temp and has a somewhat bright floresent light. Is that way to light for Harry??

3- I found a fancy vase and some fancy glass rocks, can I put Harry in there? Do they have a minimum for tank size??

Okay, now I feel like I'm treating Harry like one of my bettas, lol.
No, your betta fry should be okay. We mostly quarantine them because . . . well, I really don't know why. We just do, I guess. And your tank temp and light sound fine, moss balls do well in just about any conditions. And yup, if you want, you can put Harry in a fancy vase. Just be sure he gets a bit of light and make sure you squeeze him out once a week. That'll make him happy.
Sakura8 is offline   Reply With Quote