Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 08-14-2011, 12:56 AM   #11 
Jrf456

It's perfectly fine. I have my bettas in varied 1-2g bowls, they do great. I just hope he does needed water changes, I do two 100% changes a week for all of mine and they all have many plants and a cave.
Jrf456 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2011, 01:06 AM   #12 
Betta Newbie22

So i could really put them in seperete 1.5 Gallon Bowls as long as I have Plants and a cave really?? where would u even find a cave small enough for that?
Betta Newbie22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2011, 01:13 AM   #13 
Pitluvs

You could.... but bigger is always better. I only use 1.5g because they are affordable. The next size tank is $60+ for me. But if you can get a bigger tank (Critter Keepers are cheap and 3gal) then you and your fish are better off with that tank :)

If you look in my albums, you can see how I have my 3 1.5gs set up.
Pitluvs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2011, 01:18 AM   #14 
Draug Isilme

Quote:
Originally Posted by Betta Newbie22 View Post
So i could really put them in seperete 1.5 Gallon Bowls as long as I have Plants and a cave really?? where would u even find a cave small enough for that?
Yeah, they do make caves small enough to fit in 1.5g's but big enough where the fish can fit into it ^.^ *shrugs* It's hard to say, but I suppose your local pet store is your best bet. You'll be able to handle the cave and judge in person whether or not it's small enough to fit in your tank. If it helps, use a measuring tape to know the maximum room you have in your tank and bring it with you to tell whether or not it's suitable for your tank xD I did that, actually, and as awkward as I felt, it helped me judge what I can and can't get for the new tank I'm gonna get.. But yeah, I also have a small tree trunk looking cave. It fits in my 1.5g with room to spare and my fish was able to swim in and out with no problems. He loved it and he would lay on top of it and chill occasionally ^.^ It was cute...
Draug Isilme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2011, 01:20 AM   #15 
Betta Newbie22

yea I was thinking about getting critter keepers Since I really dont have room in my bedroom for anymore tanks with a 20 gallon and two ten gallons and just get a heater for them but if i do that how often would i have to do water changes on them?
Old 08-14-2011, 01:22 AM   #16 
Pitluvs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldfishlady View Post
IMO/E...1gal or larger is fine provided that you make the needed water changes.....

In 1gal-4gal- unfiltered-twice weekly...1-50% and 1-100%

In 1gal-4gal-filtered-twice weekly 50%

Should maintain water quality and fin health-provided that you don't over feed and uneaten food is removed within a reasonable time.....

OFL already posted a good changing schedule :) Depends on if you use a filter or not.
Pitluvs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2011, 01:24 AM   #17 
Betta Newbie22

Oh sorry I forgot about that :) silly Me
Old 08-14-2011, 03:06 AM   #18 
lessandler

Personally my biggest issue with bowls that size is proper heating. I think it works fine if you live in a tropical or hot desert area perhaps. But it is difficult to maintain a constant temperature without a real temp set or temperature adjustable heater.

IME small bowls have worked best with seedling heating mats underneath. In the summer I would set them on timers and in the winter run them through. But even then, as with all the options for small bowls, the temperature can vary dramatically - particularly between day and night.
lessandler is offline   Reply With Quote