Does your tank have a filter? no
Does your tank have an air stone or other type of aeration? no
Is your tank heated? no, but I am thinking about buying a heater
What tank mates does your betta fish live with? None

Food
What type of food do you feed your betta fish? Betta pellets
How often do you feed your betta fish? Once a day

Maintenance

How often do you perform a water change? I haven't done one yet, I've only had him for 4 days.
What percentage of the water do you change when you perform a water change?---------------
What type of additives do you add to the water when you perform a water change? In have a BettaSafe thing.

Water Parameters:
Have you tested your water? If so, what are the following parameters?

Ammonia:
Nitrite:
Nitrate:
pH:
Hardness:
Alkalinity:

Symptoms and Treatment
How has your betta fish's appearance changed? He has some brown spots on his head
How has your betta fish's behavior changed? No
When did you start noticing the symptoms? Yesterday
Have you started treating your fish? If so, how? Not yet, I don't want to do anything that could make it worse. :/
Does your fish have any history of being ill? No
How old is your fish (approximately)?I have no idea, I bought him 4 days ago, and he's pretty small.

See less See more
#2 ·
Oh sorry, I suppose I should have posted a little more.
I have had my betta Tristan for 4 days, and he has, and still is doing great.
Aside from the brownish spots on his head.
I think it may be because we had a floating decoration in there that may have scratched him, but I don't know.
please help!

#3 ·
It does look as if a few scales had been scraped off. First thing I thought of was ulcers, but it doesn't really look like that. Just keep him clean and an eye on him.

I would suggest a heater, they prefer 78-82F. Also normal routine for 2.5 for water changes is min would suggest 1 - 50% & 1 - 100% per week. May want to do one now since clean water would help his wounds stay clean.

I am unsure if stress coat or AQ salt should/would be used in this situation, best wait til someone more knowledgeable comes. :) Good luck!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.