Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Diseases and Emergencies
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 08-14-2011, 10:08 AM   #1 
Myates

Torn fin, info please?

Got a new cave for Xander in the mail yesterday and put it in. The plants on it were all soft, but I didn't think/overlooked one of them which have "points" on it. Soft rubber, but even still, I believe it has torn his fins.

He is such a lively, friendly lil fish who last week finally came out of his shell from his past living conditions and has been keeping his fins all nice and open. Now this. /sigh.

His attitude/behavior/eating is normal today, his fins just a tiny bit more clamped, but possibly due to the tears. So I am assuming they got ripped on his new deco.

Question: What should I use to help then regrow back together? I have some AQ salt, should I QT him in it? Or should I just buy some stress coat and add it in to his every other day water changes? Or just let it be and hope it grows back without a hitch? (after I cut out that plant)

Sorry the pictures are bad.. cell phone and bad lighting due to him being on a bookcase for now.

Myates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2011, 10:09 AM   #2 
Myates

Oh! One more thing, something I've been trying to figure out.. you can see it on the last pic, the top fin.. it has been curled over on itself on the very top ever since I got him.. could it be melt? It doesn't look too defined in that pic, but it's very noticeable in person.
Myates is offline   Reply With Quote