Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 08-15-2011, 06:36 AM   #11 
Luimeril

if they have buldgey eyes, lay on their side, are covered in white stuff of ANY kind that's not coloring, or aren't active even when you pick their cups up or tap them, don't buy them. x:

orange dals are pretty hard to find. some have great luck, some don't. they're rare here. dragons, often cost you a pretty penny. x: at Pet Lover's down here, they'll cost you over $15! :O
Luimeril is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2011, 07:40 AM   #12 
caitic10

Of my lfs has orange dalmations frequently, and one time I spotted a orange dalmation halfmoon so Im keeping my fingers crossed.

My mom is taking me to look at two lfs this week, my dad the other two next week...Im excited!
caitic10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2011, 10:25 AM   #13 
FireKidomaru

Try petsmarts for dragons :) they recently started carrying a wide variety of them :) I would also advise you to find one that you really like, or one that really likes you...don't buy the very first one that you see...look around at the 4 petstores and if you find one have the employees hold it behind the counter until you are sure you want him or her, I think they hold them for the business day then they put him or her on the shelf. But look around :) happy hunting :)
FireKidomaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2011, 02:00 PM   #14 
caitic10

I found one! He's a gorgeous purple CT. I bought a five gallon for him, with black gravel, a cave, a plastic plant and a marmio moss ball. Right now I holding his cup in the water, he keeps attacking the side and tipping it so his air holes are underwater, so I cant just let it float. How long do I have to wait?
Old 08-15-2011, 02:04 PM   #15 
caitic10

Nevermind, lol, my mom got annoyed and just dumped him in. He seems fine though. He's happy exploring. When should I feed him? Should I feed him now, at night when I usually feed or should I put feeding off until he's settled?
Old 08-17-2011, 01:33 PM   #16 
betta fish crazy

You never know if the pet store has fed them already enough for the day you got them, so I usually wait until the next day. It gives them a chance to settle in for a bit and even if they haven't been fed enough that day, they will be fine until the day after you get them.
betta fish crazy is offline   Reply With Quote