Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 08-14-2011, 08:03 PM   #1 
caitic10

Possible Tank?

I was searching the Petsmart website to see if hey have any suitable tanks in my price range. I came across http://www.petsmart.com/product/inde...ductId=2752730. I can't tel how large this is from the photos....are these like critter keepers? I can't tell... What do you think? Are they too small or big enough?
caitic10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2011, 08:09 PM   #2 
Littlebittyfish

Quote:
Originally Posted by caitic10 View Post
I was searching the Petsmart website to see if hey have any suitable tanks in my price range. I came across http://www.petsmart.com/product/inde...ductId=2752730. I can't tel how large this is from the photos....are these like critter keepers? I can't tell... What do you think? Are they too small or big enough?
I dont have that specific brand of critter keeper, but I have my fish picasso in a 3 gallon critter keeper. It is a nice size. I think they make nice betta homes.
Littlebittyfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2011, 08:13 PM   #3 
caitic10

Do you think its the same as a critter keeper? I'm going to Petsmart sometime this week, to buy some freezedried bloodworms....so I'll check then.
Old 08-15-2011, 01:04 AM   #4 
Eziekel

maybe if you get the large one, but then again they do look kinda small
Eziekel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2011, 01:12 AM   #5 
CrazyCatLady

The largest one would make a good betta home. However, I am sure lots of uneducated people keep them in the smallest! GRRRRRRR!
CrazyCatLady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2011, 07:43 AM   #6 
caitic10

Oh okay! Thanks!

Is there a way to properly clean plastic tanks? When I got Suki, I rinsed her plastic tank in hot water, then put her in, but the water turned cloudy and made her very sick. I took her out just in time. We still have that tank with my moss ball in it but I still don't get why it went cloudy....Maybe it was the type of aquarium gravel I used?

Last edited by caitic10; 08-15-2011 at 07:45 AM.
Old 08-15-2011, 09:57 AM   #7 
Littlebittyfish

I just rinse mine out with hot water...not boiling..just hot tap water..and I use an aquarium sponge to wipe it out.
Littlebittyfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2011, 10:59 AM   #8 
CoverMeInClay

caitic10, the large would be about 5 gallons and the medium would be about 3. Just don't go smaller then the 3 ^_^.
CoverMeInClay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2011, 11:05 AM   #9 
ScribblingRaven

Those are EXACTLY like Critter Keepers. As a matter of fact, they are Critter Keepers. Working at Petco, we've had many of them returned due to cracks & scratches from rough handling. They work as Betta homes when gingerly kept and maintained.
ScribblingRaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2011, 02:08 PM   #10 
Momo x3

I bought two of the medium sized ones thinking they were about 3 gallons. I used formula where you multiply the LxWxH and divide by 231 and thought they were 3 gallons. In reality, the medium holds about 1.5-2 gallons of water. I've had my boys in them for about a month but I recently found this on Amazon for about the same price but it is considerably larger :) They are good betta homes, but I think you should get a large. Just my opinion :)

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0002DH48G
Momo x3 is offline   Reply With Quote