Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 06-14-2014, 11:23 PM   #1 
tashik

Velevet and smth else. Advice needed pls!

Hello everybody, I was registered here at name Lena N but could not reset my password and had to make new account just now to make a post to ask for help.
The problem with fish Pistacio from this post http://www.bettafish.com/showthread....ighlight=rudik (You can see how he looked last year).

The problem: Last week he started to loose his color and became kind of yellowish which reminded me description velvet (I have never had betta ill with velvet before).
He lost weight, his dorsal fin sticked and he became less active. I treated him with Paraguard and aquarium salt for 4 days and he looked better but not 100%.
And now his disease is back in worse stage: He is sleeping hanging in on the surface sleeping most of the time. Still eating though.
Last night I started to use Methylene Blue in tank (I read it helped from velvet). Used recommended dosage per Galon.
And this morning I saw white dots in front of his eyes to show up, they almost look like small balls in nose holes.
The same white staff you can see on the edge one of his pelvic fin (pic#2). This white staff reminds me white ashes.
Please help me to understand what is the real problem. I have almost all medicine at home. But I do not know what to use.
(Quick Cure, General cure, Fungus cure, Fungus Clear and other meds.)
Pictures are included.

SORRY I DO NOT WRITE ANYTHING ABOUT TANK, WATER PARAMETERS ETC. I have 2 fish tanks (one is 20 G) and consider myself experienced enough. If you want to understand how he got ill if I am experienced.
I know that too - couple blood warms fell at the bottom and water change was not made right away. Afte that infection occurred. I already cleaned the thank thoroughly...

Please help!!!!
Attached Images

Last edited by tashik; 06-14-2014 at 11:33 PM.
tashik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2014, 11:31 PM   #2 
tashik

More photos
Attached Images

tashik is offline   Reply With Quote