Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Pictures
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 08-15-2011, 09:34 PM   #1 
Arowan

Photos of my Sorority (large photos)

I have finally gotten this 16 gallon sorority to be successful.
I started with 7 girls from a few local petcos.
*After two days, a red-blue crowntail died of mysterious causes.
* A week later, a dark blue crowntail succumbed of dropsy. Good thing I had quarantined her after day one.
*After two weeks, a red veilteil died in the space of 36 hours of displaying odd symptoms, also a mysterious death.
* I purchased a couple more females from a petco on a 3rd week, but returned one after I doubted her sexuality. The other female, a blue-green crowntail, became my Alpha.
*A week after that, I found a cellophane female at a petsmart while purchasing the otos. She's adjusted nicely.

In the sorority's 6th week, it now has: 6 Female Bettas, 3 Leopard Cories, and 2 Otocinclus.

*The Alpha is a blue-green crowntail I've named Queen, with a big black face. She was sold as a veiltail, but has slowly been growing out her "crown" once more. She has a humongous face compared with the rest of my bettas. (first two photos)

*The former alpha, and second in command, is an odd-colored veiltail I've named Aurora, due to her tail constantly changing from pink to blue. I think she's also a grizzle. (Photos 3-5)

*Aurora's best friend is a orange (dalmation? Or a cambodian? Maybe a butterfly also!) veiltail named Ariel due to her constant obsession with things at the surface. She's a jumper, too. Her and Aurora swim together often. (6-8: Yes, #7 has her chomping on a piece of gravel.)

*Odette's the name of my new Cellophane, who has a taste for cucumber. Seriously, made a thread about it, and have photos. She is pretty mellow, and is constantly fascinated by the filter. (9-10: #10 she's taking another bite off the cucumber.)

*Jasmine is a blue-green veiltail with attitude. She's the one most likely to still have stress stripes, even after the sorority's been well established. (#11)

*Cinderella is a royal-blue veiltail that keeps trying to become a crowntail. She is the only one still suffering from fin damage. (#12: has a cory and some green beans in there, too!)

I attached the photos in order of my list, as best I could. Tossed in a few of my cories and otos, too, just because. (remaining photos)

Female bettas are extremely hard to photograph, I have discovered. I only have a handful of pictures after weeks of attempts. Bowfront tanks don't make it any easier, either. Some photos are blurry, sorry >_<
Attached Images

Arowan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2011, 09:46 PM   #2 
hmckin20

your fish are adorable. xD especially your alpha. she looks so assertive and quirky. congrats on getting your sorority started. (:
hmckin20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2011, 10:01 PM   #3 
Findlay

What sweet fishies! I <3 your pics, thanks for posting!
Findlay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2011, 10:09 PM   #4 
Sweeda88

I LOVE the picture of one of the girls attempting to eat a piece of gravel! Adorable!
Sweeda88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2011, 11:56 PM   #5 
Arowan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweeda88 View Post
I LOVE the picture of one of the girls attempting to eat a piece of gravel! Adorable!
Yeah, it's one of my favorites too xD

She's one of my quirkiest of the sorority, and considering they're all rather odd, that says a lot.
Arowan is offline   Reply With Quote