Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Diseases and Emergencies
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 08-05-2011, 12:21 PM   #1 
Creat

Sunken Eyes? among other things

I recently obtained a new HM PK named Twink. Now I know he was ill when I got him however I am not sure I know what is wrong. He is rather lethargic and will hang out near the bottom of the container breathing heavily all day. I got him two days ago and have yet to confirm he is eating... He is in a heated half gal with some aq salt becuase it looked like he had finrot with a oak leaf thrown in so he had a place to hide. The weird part is his eyes look like their sunken into his head. He is really thin but I have never seen their eyes sink into their head. I'm worried about him any ideas would really help.
Creat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2011, 12:26 PM   #2 
Sakura8

How thin is really thin? I'm thinking the sunken eyes have something to do with being emaciated. Will he eat?
Sakura8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2011, 12:45 PM   #3 
Creat

here is one decent photo i got of him, i just hate tryin to catch him, Name:  DSC_0310.JPG
Views: 320
Size:  69.5 KB
I cant get a one from above where you can really see his sunken eyes and thin body
and he wont eat pellets nor blood worms however he pooped once just a little yesterday
Old 08-05-2011, 12:51 PM   #4 
Sakura8

Wow, he's skinny. Was it a normal poop? Not whitish or anything that might indicate parasites?

You can always use soak the pellets or bloodworms in garlic to see if that brings up his appetite. Poor guy, it's time to get some meat on him, he's nothing but scales and eyeballs. It's like he's gone so long without decent food at the pet store that he can't recognize good food when it's offered.
Old 08-05-2011, 01:15 PM   #5 
Creat

Yeah that would surprise me if he couldnt recognize food. And it was normal however I am keeping an eye out for internal parasites cause he is super thin compared to the other fish that were on sale.
And how do you soak it in garlic i never have had to do it before :p for the entire time I have had fish
Old 08-05-2011, 01:19 PM   #6 
Sakura8

Poor guy. I wonder if he couldn't fit the pellets in his mouth or something and that's why he didn't eat the pet store.

You can get some fresh garlic and crush it up, then mix the crushed garlic with a bit of tank water. Or you can try dissolving garlic powder (no salt) in tank water and see if that works. If he WILL eat the garlic-soaked food, the added benefit is garlic will boost his immune system and help fight off any illnesses he may have.

He's a really pretty iridescent color, I can't wait to see him when he's healthy and colored up.
Old 08-05-2011, 01:33 PM   #7 
BettaGirl290

did you say EAT THE PETSTORE?! anyway i hope he gets well soon, cause i have a feeling under all that stress and skinniness, theres a healthy, strong, beautiful betta waiting to come out :)

Good Luck! ;)
BettaGirl290 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2011, 01:35 PM   #8 
Sakura8

Quote:
Originally Posted by BettaGirl290 View Post
did you say EAT THE PETSTORE?! anyway i hope he gets well soon, cause i have a feeling under all that stress and skinniness, theres a healthy, strong, beautiful betta waiting to come out :)

Good Luck! ;)
I laughed so hard I spit at the screen. Dang, I've gotta watch those typos.
Old 08-05-2011, 07:24 PM   #9 
Creat

lol
and UPDATE: He ate a bloodworm just one but he ate one Yay!
Old 08-05-2011, 09:43 PM   #10 
Silverfang

yay! it's a start, maybe two tomorrow!
Silverfang is offline   Reply With Quote