Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 08-16-2011, 01:39 PM   #1 
Salamandair

Filter output too much for betta?

Hello!

As some (or all >_>;) may know, I got a 3.5 filtered tank for my VT Wheatley. It seems like he might be either getting pushed around by the current of the output for the filter when he goes to the top or near the intake, so I'm curious if it IS a problem and if it's too much output, how can I slow it, since I can't figure out how to change the speed.

Here's a video I took of it to judge for yourselves:
http://s1221.photobucket.com/albums/...nt=MyMovie.mp4

Thanks in advance!

PS: The glare is from his LED lights and there is no sound. Sorry about that!
Salamandair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2011, 09:03 PM   #2 
Littlebittyfish

It does look like it is pushing him around a little bit..If you want to slow the flow of the filter you can use an aquarium sponge and rubber-band it around the outtake.
Littlebittyfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2011, 09:11 PM   #3 
quyllur

Did your filter not come with a baffler?

I'm pretty sure I bought the exact same tank as you yesterday from Petsmart and it came with a little black plastic flap that fits on over the top of the filter to point the flow downwards. I haven't had a chance to put my guy in yet as I just got him a little bit ago but I will follow this thread and see how my new boy does with the filter tomorrow.
quyllur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2011, 11:15 PM   #4 
Salamandair

guyllur: I rememberd what piece you were talking about just after I read it. I searched and then found the instructions I totally missed. .____.

Weeeeeelllll, This is awkward.

I haven't put it on yet, but I will tomorrow. I gotta take Wheatley out so I can lower his water to 80 degrees again. Thank you so much!
Old 08-16-2011, 11:20 PM   #5 
quyllur

No problem, I found the instructions a little confusing as the part with the baffler wasn't actually in the instructions for the filter set up! Also, if you find a supplier for the filter cartridges, please let me know! I haven't been able to find any.
Old 08-16-2011, 11:32 PM   #6 
Salamandair

What kind of cartridges do they take? I was looking at the box, but I can't find ANY information about the filter type, what the cartridge size is or anything.
Old 08-16-2011, 11:51 PM   #7 
quyllur

On the instructions its called an aquarius mini might and there is a model number AQ0080 or something like that. I looked online briefly, didn't get a chance to look in store when i was there today. I may just end up using it until the filter is done and if i haven't found anything by then maybe just buy a new small filter. I'd love to get a filter/heater combo as i don't like the look of all the hardware in the tank.
Old 08-17-2011, 08:47 AM   #8 
Salamandair

I think that's what I might do. I can't find anything on it online, but I'll take a look at the Petsmart where I got Wheatley and let you know what I find :)

Tags
betta, filter problem, output fast