Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Breeding Betta Fish
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 08-19-2011, 12:13 PM   #111 
Creat

The males colors will be more dominant mostly reds and dark blues, but there is no telling what recessive genes the male may carry to let the females genes show, through you will get a lot of vt probably maybe some round tails. I am not a genetic expert though. And good luck
Creat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2011, 01:12 PM   #112 
brikwong94

thanks. i really hope they spawn. i don't feel that either one of my bettas are bad looking. they both have the butterfly gene i'm sure.
brikwong94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2011, 02:20 PM   #113 
brikwong94

SHE WAS DOING THE S-SWIMMING AGAIN!!! i have hope!
Old 08-19-2011, 03:07 PM   #114 
brikwong94

turns out my male is a spade tail haha, for some reason they mixed him up with a veil tail.
Old 08-19-2011, 03:49 PM   #115 
youlovegnats

Ahhh! You'll get a lot of VT multi colors :)
I'm glad that she's doin' the wiggly!
Any updates?
youlovegnats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2011, 04:28 PM   #116 
brikwong94

it seems like its gone back a couple steps once again, but its better than that whole confusion phase where i wasn't' sure if the female had ANY interest.

so what i do is that i keep the whole glass chimney submerged when i initially released the female so it would give her somewhat of a hiding spot as well. when she goes inside the glass chimney, he male would try to catch her attention from the outside. she tries to chase him through the glass and she'd dart out eventually.

From there, the male would chase her and she'd run to a corner like she's been doing.

So pretty much, that part is on repeat. Male finds female, she swims away, sometimes flare for a quick second then continue swimming. She does her S-Shaped swim occaisionally. The only downside is that she's running away from the male like she did in the beginning. She's no longer going up to touch him or embracing him. I still feel that there is a very very very slight possibility that she might've lost interest, but i don't think that's the case.

on another note, she does stay by the bubble-nest A LOT more often than she did in the first couple of days in the tank. she runs away quick though. is that a good sign?
Old 08-19-2011, 10:04 PM   #117 
youlovegnats

It's a good sign that she's near he nest a lot, but it's been far too long IMO...
I'd say try again in a coupe of weeks. :/
Old 08-19-2011, 10:23 PM   #118 
brikwong94

I shall see after tonight. I don't want to stress them both out for too long. I really want my female to heal up.
Old 08-19-2011, 11:24 PM   #119 
brikwong94

I felt too bad for the female because she must've been frightened beyond imagination already. I took them out and placed them back into their respective tanks.

I placed water conditioners and hopefully the female will heal up soon. She seems to be quite relieved to be back in her tank.

The worst I felt was when I took the male out. He worked so hard on the bubblenest and it was the biggest bubble-nest i've ever seen. He was willing to mate the whole time and I just took it away from him without waiting a day longer. What I'm afraid of most is that he won't ever be as willing anymore. That would suck.

I cleaned out their tank and put my Micky Mouse Platy Fry in because i heard fry growth spikes up exponentially when they're in a large tank, which i find to be true because i discovered three after the initial group i found in the main tank and they were several times larger than they were. Hopefully in two weeks, they'll be large enough to go back into the main tank and i can place the bettas in there once more.

Thank you all so much for helping. I'm sure I'll still freak out next time I try but I'm pretty sure I won't be as scared as I was this time. I hope the second round comes sooner than we think and that it'll be successful. I think they would make fine bettas.

I wish to keep in touch with you all.
Old 08-20-2011, 10:05 AM   #120 
youlovegnats

xD It's totally cool. No need to freak out or be sad. :) I'm sure he'll be willing to mate next time, and even your female too. As I said before, it take a lot of patience and practice until you get it right- and once you do, you'll almost never have troubles again xD.