Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 08-17-2011, 11:37 AM   #11 
youlovegnats

Ok! Keep us updated! :)
youlovegnats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2011, 01:10 PM   #12 
Creat

I found planting the tank heavily helps the female feel safer and mine venture closer to the nest... as long as she still has her breeding bars and using the right body language I wouldnt worry sometimes it can take up to three days to get a spawn. Plus everything youlovegnats said :)
Creat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2011, 01:12 PM   #13 
youlovegnats

:D yay!
Yeah be sure to have tons and tons of plants for girly to hide in :3
Old 08-17-2011, 02:06 PM   #14 
brikwong94

i will run to the petstore to buy more plants. i didn't know it takes up to three days for a spawn sometimes. from both their body language, i am 100% positive that they both want to mate. they just don't seem to have it down just yet.

do situations like these occur often?
brikwong94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2011, 02:11 PM   #15 
youlovegnats

Yeah it's happened with me multiple times with my CT pair. It was exactly how yours is going right now- male too aggressive, female willing. blaahh. >< They finally got it down after the 3rd try of re-conditioning D: The last time they were done in less that 3 hours. It was almost immediate xD.
It really just takes patience patience patience.
Old 08-17-2011, 03:19 PM   #16 
Creat

Yeah like youlikegnats said... it takes patience I always give my fish 3 weeks of conditioning and if like your guys are willing to breed after I dump them in I leave them there (unless they become unresponsive and the female isnt ready to breed anymore), they will figure it out lol sounds brutal but I try to take a natural method I have my tank at least 2/3 planted very very densely. Meaning the male cant swim though it giving the female the ability to stay safe and try to give the male a chance to get his act right.
Old 08-17-2011, 05:51 PM   #17 
brikwong94

i'm 16 and my parents don't support my fish keeping hobby as much as others because it can get expensive and we're not rich in any way.

i ran about a mile to petco and bought a plant. not the best plant there but i could afford it and its better than NOT having any plants.

its been a couple hours. I shifted the hiding spot closer to the bubblenest so hopefully, the female will find it. however, the behavioral aspects of their activity is still the same. Female runs away before male gets close, sometimes the male doesn't even have the intention of nipping. She almost immediately recovers and the whole thing starts over and over again.
Old 08-17-2011, 06:02 PM   #18 
youlovegnats

Hmm, in that case just leave them in there together. They should be alright as long as you keep a wary eye out. :)
Old 08-17-2011, 06:13 PM   #19 
brikwong94

thanks so much, i feel a lot more comfortable and assured now.

temperature is actually 80 and has been 80. I keep a huge Himalayan Salt Lamp nearby that tank and that's actually been keeping it warm.

today is pretty much day 2, i hope they dont take much longer. i already stayed up all night to watch them. I doubt my female will be in mortal danger though.
Old 08-17-2011, 06:36 PM   #20 
Creat

Is your female still interested in breeding? and does the male have a bubblenest? I hope so dont worry I know your fish are in good hands and youll take care of them