Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Breeding Betta Fish
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 08-17-2011, 06:46 PM   #21 
brikwong94

The bubblenest is still there, bigger than my avatar photo. he's fixing it every now and then but it hasn't increased in size for hours.

the female is currently hiding and has been hiding ever since i placed the plant and new rocks in.
brikwong94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2011, 07:06 PM   #22 
Creat

but does she still have her breeding bars? thats important also they seem like their still up for breeding its normal for the female to hide at least for me. Many of my females stay near the opposite side of the tank right up until the point of breeding when the males stop nipping and chasing and just display and run back to the nest.
Creat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2011, 07:29 PM   #23 
brikwong94

she's too light coloured to see her bars. i personally feel that she's still up for breeding.

if that's not the case, i'll take her out later tonight, but she's still coming back out occaisionally (even though not as often) to try and provoke the male a little.

you know what? i think i might just take some picture of them.
they should be on either tonight or tomorrow morning. its 8:28PM over here and i'm really tired from the night before.
Old 08-17-2011, 07:33 PM   #24 
Creat

Pictures would be an awesome help she sounds like she is trying hopefully the male will come around... if their a first time pair also its normal for them to not know exactly what to do and if you gave her enough hiding spaces dont worry she will hide out till he figures it out
Old 08-17-2011, 07:38 PM   #25 
brikwong94

Yes, this is a first time for both of them haha
Old 08-17-2011, 08:06 PM   #26 
brikwong94

another quick question. my female's tail fin has also ripped now. I've read everywhere to keep her from mortal danger and injuries. Does fin tear count as mortal injuries?
Old 08-17-2011, 08:20 PM   #27 
Creat

No a tear doesnt count as a mortal injuries... lol its alright my females end up with slight nipped fins and a tear or so but you want to remove her if the male is obviously violent towards her and not spending anytime with building a nest and just attacking her mortal danger to me means missing fins ripped gills obviously without intervention the female will die.
Old 08-17-2011, 08:29 PM   #28 
brikwong94

the male is still caring for his bubblenest. i take that as a good sign?

she has no other injuries other than a pretty tattered lower fin and a single rip on her tail fin.

she is capable of hiding and will run, the male will stop pursuing after she darts away. i'm seriously very tired right now. do you think the female should be alive when i wake up? i'm sincerely worried for their well-being.
Old 08-17-2011, 08:42 PM   #29 
youlovegnats

It sounds all normal to me. Though it may look rough, sometimes it's not as bad as it seems. As Creat said, only if you see the male relentlessly attacking the female, then there's no need to take her out yet. :)
youlovegnats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2011, 08:45 PM   #30 
brikwong94

then i will sleep tonight, thank you so much for the guidance, i will post in the morning.