Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Breeding Betta Fish
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 08-22-2011, 05:50 PM   #21 
Here Fishy Fishy Fishy

Creat,

When I feed my fish, I very gently tap on the tank frame with my fingernail.

If you do this every time you put food in the tank, then the fry will eventually make the connection tap=food.

I have noticed that even without tapping, once a piece of food hits the water, the bettas smell it within seconds... so tapping might be a moot point... ;)
Here Fishy Fishy Fishy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2011, 05:56 PM   #22 
Bettas Rule
Banned

I did water changes the first day that I fed them. I just suck up all the nasty stuff at the bottom and then refill with water that is aged and already next to the tank. I use a very tiny rubber tube and I siphon it into a clear wine glass so that I can see any fry that I sucked up and put them back. I only had like 30 fry so I would notice if it had an impact. So far I have not lost any fry to water changes. Personally I wouldn't do the egg yolk now, its really only for newborn fry under a week old, and it's hard to keep the tank clean unless you do daily water changes. I have now moved onto BBS as a main food source combined with infusoria.

Your fry look great! Any chance you can upload some video?

Bettas Rule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2011, 06:22 PM   #23 
Creat

I have tried taking video but their still so small and my tank is beyond densely planted lol I will try again later maybe I can get the camera to focus right :p
And yeah water changes are going to be difficult cause I cant see the floor of the tank looking in.. I will start aging water tomorrow so I can be ready !
Creat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2011, 09:28 PM   #24 
Creat

Been trying to get good video it hasnt been working so far but I have started feeding micro worms and will do a water change tomorrow ;) we will see how that goes.
Old 08-24-2011, 01:12 PM   #25 
Creat

Some more photo's at the week birthday, still trying to get a movie of them stupid opaque container lolz.
Name:  IMG_1762 (2).JPG
Views: 159
Size:  41.1 KB

Name:  IMG_1755 (2).JPG
Views: 159
Size:  56.6 KB

Name:  IMG_1768 (2).JPG
Views: 161
Size:  32.1 KB
Old 08-24-2011, 01:16 PM   #26 
Punki

Aw such cute little ones, GJ :D
Punki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2011, 01:18 PM   #27 
Creat

I am still so worried about doin a water change I managed to kill a spawn once and with all my males sick I dont want to loose any more fish.
Old 08-24-2011, 01:21 PM   #28 
Punki

I was paranoid also, i mixed spring water with tap water *just in case* cause the spring water i buy has never caused issue. You suspect your tap is no good atm? D;
I was nervous about temps, i heated my jugs in the bathtub but the fry and pretty hardy, much more hardy then id read. Theyve been sucked through tubes, put into epsom salts, had water changes with possibly slightly cooler/warmer water and they manage. As long as your ammonia isnt jumping i guess your biggest worry is the growth hormone but so far yours are on track :D
Old 08-24-2011, 01:25 PM   #29 
Creat

GAH *stressed face* I will try to get over it sometime I also will add the water slowly a half inch at a time maybe just so I dont worry so much.
Old 08-24-2011, 01:42 PM   #30 
Punki

lol The first two weeks was horrible! I would be so gradual itd take a while day of work just to change half the water out. Once i realized an airhose could siphon the water in fine i was much more efficient XD Good luck and going slow is a good idea at first since your tap might not be good.