Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Breeding Betta Fish
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 08-24-2011, 02:50 PM   #31 
Bettas Rule
Banned

If you saw how many water changes I have done, you might have a heart attack LOL. Yesterday I even moved my spawn into a 5 gallon tank and added 50% more water and a bubble stone. I just use filtered water from my own filtration system, then I leave the water out for 24hrs to be sure anything else left in the water evaporates. I swear I have not lost one fry due to water changes. I have heard that the fry emit a chemical to make the other fry grow slower, so that's why I try to replace at least 5% of the water a day. You are doing such a great job BTW!! I cant wait to see your spawn I really love that coloration!
Bettas Rule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2011, 03:00 PM   #32 
Creat

Ha ha omg yes okay okay you motivated me to do one right now :)
Creat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2011, 03:01 PM   #33 
Punki

My one fry Squito, he got caught in my net without me knowing and was transferred basically from 82 degree water to 90+ degree water of different chemistry, he lived in my mosquito larvae bucket outside in the hot direct sun with some duckweed for a week before i one day went to scoop losquito larvae and spotted him! THEN he had to re-adapt to the cooler inside temps again. Not to say he wasnt particularly hardy, but i was really shocked at how tough they were :) After the first few water changes youll feel more confident. I put an airstone on an airhose and siphon the fresh water into their tanks after i clean their floors, its really gradual and efficient :)
Punki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2011, 05:06 PM   #34 
Bettas Rule
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Punki View Post
My one fry Squito, he got caught in my net without me knowing and was transferred basically from 82 degree water to 90+ degree water of different chemistry, he lived in my mosquito larvae bucket outside in the hot direct sun with some duckweed for a week before i one day went to scoop losquito larvae and spotted him! THEN he had to re-adapt to the cooler inside temps again. Not to say he wasnt particularly hardy, but i was really shocked at how tough they were :) After the first few water changes youll feel more confident. I put an airstone on an airhose and siphon the fresh water into their tanks after i clean their floors, its really gradual and efficient :)
OMG I had something like that happen! I was doing a water change and I missed a fry that I had siphoned out. I found him in the "trash" water bowl next to the tank days later! He was fine but man was I shocked! Good thing I don't just throw the water our after I am done lol
Bettas Rule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2011, 07:29 PM   #35 
Punki

lol I tend to hold onto my dirty water for a day or so also just out of paranoia XD
Old 08-28-2011, 11:32 AM   #36 
Creat

Dont scare me guys!
Update: Well the little guys are growing right on track I have yet to fin any dead ones I found one floater lol but it figured out how to swim correctly again. I was planning on doing a big 20% water add to the tank today but sense I work all day I am going to have to move it to tomorrow.
Old 08-28-2011, 11:38 AM   #37 
Punki

Glad to hear your floater found his way again and cant wait to see pics *hints* :D
Old 08-28-2011, 11:46 AM   #38 
Creat

Lol they still look about the same :p just a tiny bit bigger but I am still attempting to get that video hopefully I can find a camera that focuses
Old 08-29-2011, 01:39 PM   #39 
Creat

So I did a water add today water went up by 1/3 not that the fry mind the duckweed has multiplied and they just hide in there impossible to see them let alone get photo's but I am trying they have grown a little which makes me excited :) they already have cute little round tails I do hope I get some nice HM's from this cross
Old 08-29-2011, 02:07 PM   #40 
Creat

Name:  IMG_1789 (2).JPG
Views: 149
Size:  35.5 KB

Name:  IMG_1790.JPG
Views: 150
Size:  35.5 KB

Name:  IMG_1793.JPG
Size:  32.7 KB

Name:  IMG_1796.JPG
Size:  34.5 KB

Name:  IMG_1798.JPG
Views: 149
Size:  38.6 KB

look i found a beetle in my tank :P anyone know if they eat fry ?

Name:  IMG_1799.JPG
Size:  43.4 KB

and daddy who is doing very well and wont hold still unless i put my finger in the water
Name:  IMG_1810.JPG
Views: 147
Size:  39.3 KB