Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Breeding Betta Fish
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 09-08-2011, 06:07 PM   #61 
Punki

OFL suggested i do that if i had a few smalls and a few larges, just have two tanks. I did at one point have that issue but it evened out with only minimal cuppings of a couple :) Id love to see more pictures and im so glad your fry are doing well, despite your horrible turn of events with the other thread. I know it may be too soon to think positively but at least maybe if a few special fry grab your heart, you can keep them from birth to death and watch them grow and know you made them healthy and all. Im looking forward to the few im keeping :)
Punki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2011, 06:13 PM   #62 
Creat

Ha ha they have kept me from just saying to heck with it all. I suspect they will look a lot like their mother, I am interested to see what comes out of it though. I will get more images as soon as they start growing and I can separate them that opaque container is killing me DX so nice for water changes and cheap bad for images... they should start coloring up soon and then I will start another spawn with the mom hopefully or the other female from 1fish2fish
Creat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2011, 06:18 PM   #63 
MadMay

Creat Im so excited to see what this spawn with produce I really want to experiment with coppers so Im drooling over your spawn. I haven't been on in awhile due to moving to Seattle so Im glad you got a spawn :D Renting a room right now waiting for a basement apartment to open up I know your spawn is still young but I really want a pair of hms if you get any :o
MadMay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2011, 06:26 PM   #64 
Creat

MadMay: Deal (Hint: I live in Redmond so you better meet me at one of many starbucks to get them lol) And 1fish2fish said she gave a lot of good HM's from her spawn with her so I have good hopes for these and if you want me to reserve a pair I will. I will probably ask $5 per fish un-sexed as an idea for anyone interested. Oh and here is the page I used for genetics on the iridescence if your curious http://www.bettaterritory.nl/BT-AABcoppergenetics.htm
Old 09-08-2011, 06:30 PM   #65 
roadplug

I too am excited to see how the fry grow :D
roadplug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2011, 06:44 PM   #66 
MadMay

You live in WA :O I thought you lived in Idaho well if I dont have to pay shipping that changes the game. I'll probably get more than a pair but at least that so I definately want to reserve. The Dam came from 1fish2fish is there a reference thread to that spawn?

There is also a transhipper in seattle so Im going to get a pair from thailand So glad I moved.
MadMay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2011, 07:32 PM   #67 
Creat

Ha ha I know I havent bothered to change my location here yet I should probably do that :P and yeah I can reserve you a pair. I dont have a reference to where 1fish2fish's other spawn is but if you ask her she can probably give you a better history then I could on her. I am just curious about iridescence crosses. And im looking into another copper pair to cross to the fry.
Update: I just did a water change on the fry pulled out two little dragon fly larva and 1 large one hopefully the fry count will stop going down lol. And strangely the deformed/ sick fry that I have to end up culling never get eaten even though they cant swim :/ if they want to eat my fry they should at least eat the sick ones
Old 09-08-2011, 08:09 PM   #68 
Creat

Sorry about the double post but for those following the one pectoral fry... I found him again this time his tail is gone... the entire tail... I took him out and put him under the microscope to see if he was dead to my surprise his little heart was beating and his little gills going.... so I put him floating in his own container doesnt look like he is eating anything but I mean if he has this much will to live MISSING HIS ENTIRE TAIL well I will let him have a chance. No idea how it came off I am guessing a dragon fly larva but with one pectoral how did he get away it also looked like it had been healing too when placed under the microscope.
Old 09-09-2011, 11:01 AM   #69 
Creat

Question: why are some fry turning whiteish while others are turning dark? is this going to be part of their coloring?
Old 09-09-2011, 01:27 PM   #70 
Creat

Got two photo's after scooping the little fry out hopefully he isnt to traumatized
Name:  IMG_1859.JPG
Views: 127
Size:  30.2 KB

Name:  IMG_1861.JPG
Views: 128
Size:  30.7 KB