Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > The Lounge
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 08-17-2011, 04:59 PM   #1 
Abby

memories...sad and very long

Hendrix is not yet passed but by the end of next week. i am writing this now as i wont be able to write anything after

When i was 3 we got a doberman bitch called Doberblitz Demaguard (spelling isnt accurate) she was bitten by a brown snake when i was 12, she pulled through it until 2 months after when her lung developed a hole and she began to bleed.
she couldnt be saved.

A few weeks after she died i found an ad in the paper for a poodle. he was pure bred desexed microchipped and only 1yr old
the owners were getting rid of him one way or the other because he had a fair amount of white on his black coat that made him "no good" for the show ring
I rang home with the ad details and my mum said shed have a look.

I came home after calling home at lunch time to be told the pup had already got a home, i was sad and mopy all day.
my mum had been sleeping in my room cause my dad was sick and she told me to go to her room and get her a magazine she had been reading. as soon as i opened the dog a black ball hit me.

ever since that day hes been my constant shadow until i moved out and couldnt take him he stayed at the farm these last 3 yrs.

hes been my best mate, one time i almost lost him to a paralysis tick i stayed at his side for 4 days straight carrying him out to the toilet holding him up and everything, even sleeping on a low camping bed that sagged horribly just so he could get on and off easily if he needed to. in return for that he stayed with me when i was really sick one time, i remember being on the lounge with a fan on me i was feavery off and on hot and cold. and he snuggled up to my chest and stomach when i shivered and moved out of the fans way when i began to sweat.
he was never just a lap dog. he took on the bulls like a cattle dog, he stood guard over me while i slept. he followed me every where and cries if he sees me packing.
he even sat happily in front of me on the saddle always happy to stand up leaning on the horse while i scooped him up in front of me.

his only downer was he cant swim lol
we found this out one day when our cattle dog lept into the dam the poodle went in after him thinking the plant that floated on the surface was dirt he thought it was solid ground, dad had to jump in after him when he couldnt even swim the three foot back to the bank.

He loved the car but would cry whining and whining when we approached a town, long trips saw him asleep now and then on my lap or on the floor. he absoulty loves kid parks he would run arcoss the wonky bridges, leap up the stairs and slide down the slides.

2011 he is 11 yrs old, weve been to beaches parties camping swimming fishing riding walking to the shop to the creek up to the neighbours. weve been everywhere.

hes been at my side through the loss of my mother, Milky, Toby, Pony and Taj (my horses) hes been my shoulder to cry on through friend fights and family problems.
together we have watched the sunset on many days and the sun rise on a few.

Last night I learnt that when my dad moves at the end of next week, that Hendrix will be put to sleep.

Hes had this horrid throat problem for a long time and the vets cant seem to do anything for it, hes also got a lump on his side one vet told me was a lump dogs get when they get over weight like a fat pocket. my dad also is moving in to his partners place and her guide dog was just diagnosed with colon cancer they cant operate so i dont know whats happening there but I told dad I want to be there and so does my partner, when Hendrix is put down, then we will bring him back here to where i live and bury him under the frangapani tree. when my mum died we put frangapani flowers in the grave and thats been her flower ever since so it makes sense to bury him there.

this is something i just wrote for him i know i wont be able to write anything for some time about him.

Hendrix october 1999- August 2011
She sits at God’s side and whispers in his ear
And tells him of a friend, to her who’s very dear
A little dog she saved from death when he was just a pup
To give to me after Oatis’s death, just to cheer me up
I have to admit her plan did work for he became my friend
Before too long I found my broken heart was on the mend.
A lot of years weve had together a lot hes seen me through from start to end
Through heart break loss and tears, Hes always been my friend.
And now the time has come to say good bye to him and send him on his way
To across the rainbow bridge up there with passed friends he can play
A friend like him is very rare but we have come to the roads end
The time has come to say farewell, rest in peace my beloved friend.
Abby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2011, 05:07 PM   #2 
Abby

i look horrible in these but i dont care!

Name:  IMG_3977.jpg
Views: 137
Size:  29.4 KB

Name:  Image007.jpg
Views: 138
Size:  34.8 KB

Name:  26062010(015).jpg
Views: 141
Size:  91.7 KB

Name:  Photo104.jpg
Size:  50.6 KB

Name:  jimmy3.jpg
Size:  59.4 KB

Name:  Jimmy (2).jpg
Views: 138
Size:  50.2 KB

Name:  DSC00318.jpg
Views: 136
Size:  16.6 KB
Old 08-17-2011, 05:17 PM   #3 
ScarlettAngel

So sorry for you. This bought tears to my eyes. Take heart you gave Hendrix a fantastic life. Support Hendrix through his tough times as he supported you. Hugs sent your way.
Posted via Mobile Device
ScarlettAngel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2011, 09:28 PM   #4 
vaygirl

Your poem made me remember losing my cat of 17 years. It's so sweet. I'm so sorry about Hendrix. Hugs to you from me too. I know it's difficult. I hope you remember all the good things and can smile about them.
vaygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2011, 03:59 AM   #5 
YoshesMom

Oh gosh cried my eyes out abby I'm so sorry I have two little dogs and I can't even think about losing them. I am so glad that your brave enough to hold him in your arms on this last journey a lot of people are not but after there years of love and devotion its the least we can do. Tell him you love him and that he was a great friend and tell him I will see you again
YoshesMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2011, 05:48 AM   #6 
Ashleigh

This made me cry, such an incredibly sad story. You were lucky to have a friend as good as him, who supported you forever and always. Goodbye Hendrix, you'll be missed deeply.
Ashleigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2011, 10:59 PM   #7 
Abby

Thanks everyone this last few months have been pretty hard loosing my great aunty who i was close to and then my beautiful gelding and many fish and my lil mate Hendrix..
Old 08-19-2011, 01:10 AM   #8 
Ashleigh

Sounds like you're going through a hard time at the moment. Hope things get better for you :D
Ashleigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2011, 04:07 AM   #9 
Abby

Thanks Ashleigh
Old 08-19-2011, 06:58 AM   #10 
Romad
TFK Moderator

What a beautiful memorial you wrote for Hendrix. I'm sorry that you're going to lose your best buddy.

Some day soon you'll be able to smile when you think of him because all of your memories will be good ones.

And I'm sorry to hear about your Aunt and gelding too. Hugs ( ) ( )
Romad is offline   Reply With Quote