Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 08-17-2011, 08:48 PM   #1 
thePWNISHER

Funniest thing ever...

So I have not really being paying attention to this but now that I have I've finally taken notice I've come to the realization that I think my Betta hates me. I've tried to show him off to visitors the past few times and not even a mirror will get him to flare. He is a black bodied, with a yellow-orange crown tail. He looks pitiful when his fins aren't flared out, but when he does he is so beautiful with the contrast in colors.

But he won't flare at lights, mirrors or anything I do to try to induce him flaring, but everytime I walk by, or I'm doing something near him or go to feed him. He is up at the front of his bowl flaring at me. Haha, he hates me I'm telling you He falres at me and only me every time. I wish I had noticed this a while ago.
thePWNISHER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2011, 11:27 AM   #2 
Vizja13

One of my bettas has started flaring at me, and hides when my dad comes into my room, but he hid from me when I first got him. I think bettas are just shy when seeing new people :D
Vizja13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2011, 12:01 PM   #3 
fleetfish

Adric, my red VT, flares whenever he sees me too. He's hilarious to watch because he gets into a huge wiggledance/flare -a -thon and won't stop until I feed him. After that, he'll give a "thank you" flare and be on his merry way!
fleetfish is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2011, 01:42 PM   #4 
thePWNISHER

My guy only flares, that is it. Its like a staring contest, no dancing no messing around. He is all business. Now that I think about it since the day I got him he has been that way. I love it because he has a black body then his gill covers are so orange he looks like he put on clown make up or something I'll have to get pics.
thePWNISHER is offline   Reply With Quote