Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > The Lounge
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 08-18-2011, 08:37 PM   #11 
vaygirl

I agree. Report, report, report. Bullying should not be tolerated. In the meantime you can place someone on ignore. Just go to the User CP link at the top of the page and under Settings and Options you'll find the Edit Ignore list. Add this person and you can have some peace. But please, report them.
vaygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2011, 08:40 PM   #12 
dramaqueen
Banned

I forgot about the ignore button.
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2011, 08:45 PM   #13 
Jrf456

Aww, OFL, DQ and DH are here to help, don't leave! Report them! No sense leaving this lovely site because of one user. Good luck!
Jrf456 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2011, 09:04 PM   #14 
fishcurl

I really hope you're not speaking about me :/

I went back through my post history and saw that I posted an alternative opinion to yours two times and gave some well-meaning feedback on tank size. I added smileys to show that I wasn't trying to be mean, but was saying it friendly-like because I know it's difficult to convey emotion on the internet.

The only reason why I suspect that it may have been me that you're speaking of is because of a rather inappropriate message left on my page this afternoon. I deleted because it didn't sound nice. Anyone can check my post history to see that I've been a friendly user, so I'm not sure what I did to deserve such a message?

Regardless, if it is me you're speaking of, feel free to move this to PM or, if you're not comfortable with that, send a report to a moderator. I'm more than willing to cooperate and talk this through - I'd hate to think any of my actions has caused distress.

And if it isn't me, I really hope you reconsider and report the person. It could be that they are bothering other people. Good luck and best wishes :)
fishcurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2011, 05:17 AM   #15 
Mike

I hope it was you, fishcurl, because if your posts are considered rude around here then I think we're in pretty good shape. That is to say, I reviewed your recent posts, and they don't strike me as rude.

Normally I would remove an "I'm leaving" thread like this because more often than not they are posted to garner attention and the OP does not actually leave the site, but I left this in place so that EverythingNice55 can see fishcurl's post and the posts encouraging her to report any rude or otherwise problematic posts.

We're here to help, but we can only address the issues we know about.
Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2011, 06:23 AM   #16 
KristinM

Shame :( I have had this on other forums. Forums are meant to be informative and helpful and educate people.

I breed dogs, wont mention forums but I was LAMBASED and called all rude names when i was in my research process and desperately seeking advice. Again it happened after my litter was born even though i had done everything the right way, been mentored and the person involved never knew the facts.

If you leave then the person being rude has the upper hand. I agree, report it and stick around :)

I always say if you dont have anything nice or helpful to say then rather keep your opinions to yourself if you arent willing to say things in a kind manner the way you would like to be treated.

Hope you return soon!
KristinM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2011, 12:50 PM   #17 
EverythingNice55

fishcurl, it is not you. LOL. I didn't leave a message on your profile, though. Anyways, I am better now. I'm sorry to scare you. I am not leaving anymore because I had some time to think about it. The person left the forum. :) I'm better now.
EverythingNice55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2011, 02:00 PM   #18 
Romad
TFK Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by EverythingNice55 View Post
fishcurl, it is not you. LOL. I didn't leave a message on your profile, though. Anyways, I am better now. I'm sorry to scare you. I am not leaving anymore because I had some time to think about it. The person left the forum. :) I'm better now.

I'm glad you reconsidered. Don't ever let a bully get the better of you or make you feel like you can't participate in something you enjoy.

And always report someone who is harassing you to one of us so we can deal with it. If they're rude to you, chances are they'll be rude to others and that won't be tolerated here.
Romad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2011, 02:54 PM   #19 
fishcurl

Yay! I'm so glad you came back! And I'm so glad it wasn't me. I really don't like making anyone upset because that's the last thing I want.

I hope your sister doesn't make any more trouble. If she starts posting messages like that again, I'll let you know first :)
fishcurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2011, 03:10 PM   #20 
EverythingNice55

Thnaks a lot everyone! I won't ever leave again!!
EverythingNice55 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bye