betta fish
View Poll Results: Who would be best?
Spot 5 20.83%
Dot 19 79.17%
Voters: 24. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-12-2011, 08:51 PM   #1 
Bettawolf19

Crowntail Females For Oscar

Here's my two new female Crowntails called Spot and Dot who I believe are actually sisters judging by size/color and the like. If anyone wants that could say which would be the best breeder. Let me know what you guys think :)

Picture of Oscar before the finrot and the like:

First up is Spot:

And here's Dot who i origninally picked for Oscar:

Last edited by Bettawolf19; 08-12-2011 at 08:55 PM.
Bettawolf19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2011, 10:42 PM   #2 
Neil D

Dot
Neil D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2011, 10:48 PM   #3 
Sweeda88

I'm sorry, but you don't even have a proper tank for your male. You should NOT be breeding.
Sweeda88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2011, 11:00 PM   #4 
LittleBettas

Ditto to what Sweeda said, that is not a proper tank, for just breeding alone you need at least a 10 gallon, plus a 20 or larger for the grow out tank for the fry, and probably another 10 gal to grow food for the fry, and you hve to condition the breeding pair, and high temps, LOTS of LIVE plants, and a LOT of research, plus, it looks like the girls may also have either tail biting or fin rot, PLEASE do some research
LittleBettas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2011, 01:43 AM   #5 
Bettawolf19

First don't be so quick to judge.

I used that picture because it shows his fins. He's currently in a 5 gal filtered with live plants. And before you start getting all angry with me. I also have 3 10 gals and 1 20 gal and 1 30 gal. Also I have been researching for the past few months which is why I am asking which would be best mostly for form because I'm planning on doing this in a few months when all are at their top points. I also have frozen brine shrimp and gonna order some live food soon. So please don't automatically assume I don't know how to care for my betta fish seeing Oscar's picture was over a year ago when I first got him and I wasn't joined onto here and thus didn't know any better. Also if you read carefully I stated that they were new aka I just got them from the store so of course they probably have finrot.

Now that I cleared that up anyone have any suggestions? Mostly I was figuring Dot because of the better spread and less damage but with tender care both would be good though Dot still holds the better coloring.
Old 08-13-2011, 01:52 AM   #6 
Bettawolf19

Thanks Neil :) I was thinking the same thing.
Old 08-13-2011, 01:55 AM   #7 
MissRockyHorror

Bettawolf takes AWESOME care of their bettas :D
MissRockyHorror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2011, 01:55 AM   #8 
Sakura8

Bettawolf takes great care of her bettas, I can vouch for that. I post with her regularly on the "I Have No Self-Control Thread" and she talks often about upgrading her tanks and keeping them clean. She's even got an NPT going; I can't keep plants alive. We all made mistakes when we first got into betta fish, the important thing is she got Oscar out of that vase and he's in a nice tank now. Trust me, she'll do fine breeding. Plus, she's the greatest bargain hunter I've seen, she gets awesome tanks at Goodwill for super cheap. I'm so jealous.

That said, uh, Bettawolf, I can't really tell the difference between Dot and Spot . . .
Sakura8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2011, 02:01 AM   #9 
Pitluvs

Glad to see I'm not the only one who jumps to conclusions without asking a single question first!

Honestly, I am no breeder but I like Dot's body shape. I don't know but she just speaks to me! Either way, they both probably carry the same genetic lines if they are sisters. Although, Spot has the same black spots as my Twitch boy :) Beautiful fish!
Pitluvs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2011, 02:03 AM   #10 
Bettawolf19

Thanks guys :)

@ sakura Lol Spot has the dark spot on her tail and Dot is the other who has the black dot near her mouth. Is it me or do they look related?

Oh and Sakura I must a did something right with the 20 gal because all the neons are doing amazingly! Which reminds me I need to do a water change on the 10 gal..