Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 08-18-2011, 06:58 PM   #1 
kasai0816

I Love My Betta!

I have two bettas: a pinkish-red femail crowntail (Morro), and a red male halfmoon (Kasai). They live together in an aquarium with a divider between.

This morning, as I (attempted) to get up for work, I looked over at my bettas (they sit on an endtable beside my bed), and they both appeared content. When I fell back asleep and woke up again, there was Morro on Kasai's side of the tank!

Once the potential crisis was averted, I couldn't help but laugh. How determined must Morro have been to see what was on the other side of the tank, to meet her fellow fish?

My clever, curious Morro. <3

Have your fish ever done anything where you couldn't help but love them even more than you do already?
kasai0816 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2011, 07:05 PM   #2 
LittleBettas

When Hercules goes on a hunger strike.... cause he all of a sudden remembers... he likes mosquito larva more!!!

lol
LittleBettas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2011, 07:09 PM   #3 
LaLaLeyla

When Barney starts swimming back and forth like he's doing laps. And then I feed him a blood worm and he stops swimming around for a while. Then he goes back to doing laps. xD

Working off those calories :P
LaLaLeyla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2011, 07:16 PM   #4 
kasai0816

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleBettas View Post
When Hercules goes on a hunger strike.... cause he all of a sudden remembers... he likes mosquito larva more!!!

lol
LOL. I fed my bettas bloodworms today... and it's only day two in their new home! They are so spoiled :P
Old 08-18-2011, 07:17 PM   #5 
kasai0816

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaLaLeyla View Post
When Barney starts swimming back and forth like he's doing laps. And then I feed him a blood worm and he stops swimming around for a while. Then he goes back to doing laps. xD

Working off those calories :P
Hahaha. he's a smart one :P
Old 08-18-2011, 10:37 PM   #6 
Eris Harmonia

Ginji likes to wedge between the thermometer and tank wall, swim in the neck of an empty Arizona green tea bottle that I cut for him, and sit on top of the heater. Also, he's decided that the filter is a great place to build a bubblenest. He's a very technology-loving fish, always wiggles at me when he sees me on my computer.
Eris Harmonia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2011, 03:37 PM   #7 
fleetfish

I saw the cutest thing while scoping out the new bettas at the LFS today. I'd put a little multicolour VT aside to check out, and there was a bottle of water conditioner with a HM betta picture on the front of it beside his cup. He began flaring and posturing madly at it, tried to bite it, even tried to lunge at it. He was so adorable ... sadly, I had to leave him. But I might try to find some room and pick him up tomorrow ... what a character, lol :)
fleetfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2011, 04:40 PM   #8 
axron

I love my betta Finn. o3o He's such a character, lol. He's a really light teal dragon scale Plakat with red fins. <33 OUUGHH I LOVE HIM. He's aggressive and is really quick to swim up and eat his food. xD
axron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2011, 05:16 PM   #9 
erinandares

Fleetfish, my betta, Ares, used to do that! There was a picture of a betta on the container for his food and he would go nuts on that thing! -_- I guess it really needed to be taught a lesson. Lol.

My girl, Harmonia likes to jump. So sometimes, in the condensation on the inside of the tank above the water line, I'll see these little streaks like if you drew on a foggy window. Lol. She's so cute. <333

EDIT:Grrrr, I just realized this was a bumped up old thread!!!! >.> Gah. :(
erinandares is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2011, 09:50 PM   #10 
ManInBlack2010

my guy Rebel is such a butt head but i love him to death... he tends to bite me whenever i have to work on something in his tank and he steals the food from my ADF i have in the tank with him (he's actually in "cup time" right now so Dixie can have a chance to eat her dinner without him gobbling everything up - yesterday i even tried leaving him out and i poked him with my finger when he went for her food and he just bit me and ate it anyways!

during cup time today i thought i'd try floating his cup in Bocephus' tank to see if i can get my new guy to flare. They didn't notice each other at first but once they did Rebel did a massive flare and Bo zoomed off, lol, Rebel was doing everything he could to get at Bo so i took the cup out and floated him in his own tank

i have a wide variety of names i call him, lol, none of which i can say on his forum
ManInBlack2010 is offline   Reply With Quote