Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 08-20-2011, 01:13 AM   #1 
coet

Talking 10g Divided Successfully, Finally :)

After going through almost $20 worth of worthless dividers and losing one betta (moment of silence ) I have finally successfully divided my 10g tank and baffled the Aqueon QuietFlow 10. I made the divider myself since there are no acceptable dividers in town. I like the way my divider looks better, anyway. Plus, Snowy hasn't spotted Errie at all so I no longer have to worry about hour long flaring matches between the two (not that it ever went on for more than five minutes, but, Snowy isn't one for defeat). The filter... Well, looks like crud, but it's doing it's job and not pushing Snowy around. The tank is a mess right now, I'll fix it up tomorrow, but I wanted to share it with you guys. I owe it to you after all the help you all have given me.

Tanks mates: Ting and Tang, the Otocinclus..es?
Twinkle and Tweedle, the moss balls
A school of neon tetras for Errie (orginially for Snowy, but they all migrated to Errie's side in the division process so I assumed that meant something)
And a few ghost shrimp (only five of which have been spotted recently - commonly hanging out in groups around, or in, the ornaments).

I was planning on having snails (some non-super-fast-out-of-control reproducing ones) but the Aquabid sale fell through and the seller never contacted me with buying information.

Photobucket Links (the attacher thing doesn't really work for me for some reason, I'm sorry):
[The Tank]
[Snowy's Side (Ting shown)]
[Snowy Investigating]
[Errie's Side]
[Errie hanging out by his hammock]
[Errie and Tweedle]
[Tang]
[Filter]
[The Divider]

Last edited by coet; 08-20-2011 at 01:18 AM.
coet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2011, 07:11 AM   #2 
Littlebittyfish

Quote:
Originally Posted by coet View Post
After going through almost $20 worth of worthless dividers and losing one betta (moment of silence ) I have finally successfully divided my 10g tank and baffled the Aqueon QuietFlow 10. I made the divider myself since there are no acceptable dividers in town. I like the way my divider looks better, anyway. Plus, Snowy hasn't spotted Errie at all so I no longer have to worry about hour long flaring matches between the two (not that it ever went on for more than five minutes, but, Snowy isn't one for defeat). The filter... Well, looks like crud, but it's doing it's job and not pushing Snowy around. The tank is a mess right now, I'll fix it up tomorrow, but I wanted to share it with you guys. I owe it to you after all the help you all have given me.

Tanks mates: Ting and Tang, the Otocinclus..es?
Twinkle and Tweedle, the moss balls
A school of neon tetras for Errie (orginially for Snowy, but they all migrated to Errie's side in the division process so I assumed that meant something)
And a few ghost shrimp (only five of which have been spotted recently - commonly hanging out in groups around, or in, the ornaments).

I was planning on having snails (some non-super-fast-out-of-control reproducing ones) but the Aquabid sale fell through and the seller never contacted me with buying information.

Photobucket Links (the attacher thing doesn't really work for me for some reason, I'm sorry):
[The Tank]
[Snowy's Side (Ting shown)]
[Snowy Investigating]
[Errie's Side]
[Errie hanging out by his hammock]
[Errie and Tweedle]
[Tang]
[Filter]
[The Divider]
How did you manage to get the aqueon filter baffled? I have one in my 10 gallon...I shoved a sponge in the outtake...and put a water bottle over it and it still pushes my guy around.
Littlebittyfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2011, 12:18 PM   #3 
coet

A lot of sponges. I have sponges on the inside of the filter, around the outtake, two sponges in the outtake and one underneath it, and a piece of coral in the outtake. I basically gave the water a bunch of things it had to go through so the flow would slow down. I also took out that blue thing that was at the outtake.

Edit; It still pushes Snowy if he gets right under the filter, but otherwise it doesn't bother him. He doesn't go under it often.
coet is offline   Reply With Quote