Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 10-22-2011, 10:26 PM   #1 
audjree

I'd Never Thought I'd Want a Female Betta so Badly.

so, i went to petsmart today "to look" with my mom (but really i was looking for some plants or decor i could add to my tank hehe), and i looked at the betta section of course, and they were all surprisingly really small. their bettas usually aren't so small, so i was wondering why they were selling them so young.

anyways, i saw this amazingly cute, all white female, and she was just the tiniest little thing with tiny black button eyes. she followed my finger, and was just too frecking cute. i decided i had to have her.

i would have bought a temporary 1 gallon tank, which was only $10, and i would use some stones and decor i had at home. i would do two water changes each week: 1 50% and 1 100% and keep her on my desk, near my other tank with my male betta. eventually, after about two or three months, i would buy a 2.5 gallon.

but, my mom wouldn't let me. i was so bummed. i was seriously this close to convincing her. i'd never thought i'd want a female so badly. i'd definitely seen numerous males in the past after i had already gotten my little red, that i really wanted, but i knew i couldn't.

but when i saw this tiny little girl, gosh i don't know. haha i seriously still want her. now, it's my goal to get a female soon. i never thought i'd want to have more than one betta, at least not until i was older. gosh, bettas are addictive.
audjree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2011, 10:47 PM   #2 
Kytkattin

You mean like this little girl?

I saw her last week, and I went back 2 days ago and she was still there. The females don't sell very well according to the lady that rang me up (and said she used to have a female, when not a month before she had mentioned she had a female. Poor thing didn't last very long. :( )

The girls are so different than the boys. She is very... zoomy (made-up word!). One of my boys never stops moving, she is less active than him for sure, but she just seems to swim through the water differently. It is almost like having a different species of fish!
Kytkattin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2011, 10:54 PM   #3 
Luimeril

i love my girls. maybe more than my boys! (don't tell them that!), and here's exactly why. meet Caroline.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g3Xv9GV0Ts8

she was my favorite of ALL my bettas. so much personality! look at her, excited about the camera! xD
Luimeril is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2011, 11:50 PM   #4 
betta lover1507

after hearing that you cold put females together i went crazy XD now i have 3 females together with my big bro's female so there is 4 together i have luna(PK), strawberry (VT) , and rose ( long-finned VT)
betta lover1507 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2011, 06:31 PM   #5 
GlassHaven

I really enjoy having a sorority of Bettas. The girls are fun to watch and very beautiful :)
GlassHaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2011, 06:32 PM   #6 
Noemi

i'm female betta crazy XD i had four that i kept together, but three got sick and passed. now i'm back to five, hopefully six, who are all going into a sorority soon. they have so much personality!
Noemi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2011, 06:40 PM   #7 
audjree

@Kytkattin she was a bit like that, but smaller and like pure white, and tiny black eyes. (: i guess i'm not as lucky. i went back today with my brother to get her and she was gone. ): i was so sad. but i got another female instead, i'll post pics soon. (:

i'm excited to see how she behaves differently compared to my male. he just keeps constantly flaring at her, so i moved her tank a little farther away.

gah, i'm still bummed that i didn't get that little cutie pie.
Old 10-23-2011, 08:28 PM   #8 
Kytkattin

Wow, smaller than my girl, she must have been a fry! My girl is super tiny as it is!

I went to Petco today for the first time in 3 months and they still had the same girl I almost got the night I got one of my boys. I felt so bad, if I had known she was still there I would have made the drive to go get her. As it is I can have absolutely no more fish. I am already breaking the rules with my tarantula and the one female betta I do have.
Old 10-23-2011, 10:30 PM   #9 
audjree

yeah, i'm pretty sure she was a fry. sooo cute and tiny.

i hope my new girl adjusts comfortably. (: i just can't believe that she was taken already after only one day. even is she was located in front, i really thought that she would still be there since males do sell better than females, plus she was so tiny. ahhh.
Old 10-23-2011, 10:35 PM   #10 
Kytkattin

You know what is funny? I put the pictured girl in the front in hopes that she would be gone when I went back.