Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 08-19-2011, 02:24 AM   #1 
bkelizabeth

Smile Sleeping bettas!

So, my old betta, Chloe, had some quirks. She'd sleep almost everywhere. She slept in the fake plants.. she slept on the rocks.. she slept at the top of the tank.. and she even slept inside of a decorative "sunken slug bug." She had a lovely tank, yet she slept out of her car ;) ANYWAY. My new girl, Tilly, never sleeps! She's hyper as hell and I've YET to see her rest. She swims against the current of the filter, plays in the fake plants, and attacks bubbles all day long....... but never naps.

Where do your bettas sleep?

Does anyone else have any hyper fish like Tilly?
bkelizabeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2011, 08:44 AM   #2 
Vizja13

My Jazz sleeps in his turtle cave, and Teague sleeps in his sunken ship XP Thats really it, though Jazz sleeps a whole lot more than Teague
Vizja13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2011, 04:36 PM   #3 
DDave

I never see my betta sleeping. He's always awake when I first see him in the morning, and still swimming around when I turn the lights off at night. If he sees any movement in the room at all, he's instantly up at the front of the tank swimming up and down like crazy trying to get your attention.
DDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2011, 07:49 PM   #4 
FireKidomaru

lolz alot of my bettas sleep in their little barrel caves but on or two sleep in their plants or on the ground
FireKidomaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2011, 08:12 PM   #5 
pinksnowme

Blizzard is a combination sleeper LOL
He catches naps in his plastic plants. If it is getting late he will glide into his cave but he doesnt sleep there. He just does it as a hint. My birds start chirping to be covered around 7:45. He takes his cue from them LOL
If I come in the kitchen late at night for a snack Blizzard is usually asleep on the larger flat leaf silk plant next to his latest bubble creation
pinksnowme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2011, 10:53 PM   #6 
bkelizabeth

Quote:
Originally Posted by DDave View Post
I never see my betta sleeping. He's always awake when I first see him in the morning, and still swimming around when I turn the lights off at night. If he sees any movement in the room at all, he's instantly up at the front of the tank swimming up and down like crazy trying to get your attention.
That sounds JUST like mine :X silly light-sleepers
bkelizabeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2011, 11:00 PM   #7 
LaLaLeyla

My betta sleeps in his little plant >w<
LaLaLeyla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2011, 11:28 PM   #8 
Silverfang

While I had a very bushy plant taking over the top of his tank, he would get himself tangled in that and nap quite happily. Freaked me out each time. He dozes while resting on some floating anubis now, much less freaking, and rather cute too.
Silverfang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2011, 11:56 PM   #9 
Norichan

XD I love your hyper fish! That's so cute!

Cryo has some nice, smooth plastic plants that he sleeps in the top of. Other times he lurks under his bridge like a little aquatic troll, if he needs to get away from the light and nap during the day.

Mongkut is WIRED. Idk what is with him. My bf actually laughed when I told him that he's classified as a 'SEMI-aggressive' fish. He spends most of the evening flaring at his own reflection in the glass, then we go to bed, and when I turn on the lights in the morning he rises up out of the little Angkor Wat structure and rushes to the front to say hello. I don't know when in that period he actually goes to sleep, I've never seen it happen. He's not... hyper, exactly? Just... extremely important XD As is fitting for a King of Siam, I guess.
Norichan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2011, 12:01 AM   #10 
Pataflafla

Ratchet sleeps in the blue plant at the back of his new tank.
Yorick sleeps wedged between the divider and the floating plant.
Moonshoes sleeps on top of the heater, which is directly under his giant bubble nest that he guards.
Mirage sleeps all over the place. Back of the tank, on the gravel, on top of the cave, under the cave, on his plants. Everywhere.
Starscream sleeps on his blue plant in the front of his tank. He'll sleep whether is light or not. He's skittish and lazy, which should be an impossible combination.
Pataflafla is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
hyper, sleep