Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 11-05-2011, 11:57 AM   #1 
revolutionrocknroll

I'm so bad...

A few weeks ago I went to Petco and I saw the prettiest red dragon halfmoon plakat. I wanted him but I told myself that I didn't need another fish and that he was so pretty, someone else will buy him.
I went back maybe a week ago, and either he was still there, or it was a different red dragon halfmoon plakat. But he was also very pretty, but he had clamped fins. I told myself that I didn't need any other fish, and that he was still brightly colored so someone would probably buy him.
I went back today, and the one from last week was still there. Except his color was very dull and he wasn't looking too good. I couldn't help it. If I didn't buy him, I think he would have died. I'm not certain that he's going to make it, but hopefully he'll brighten up when I put him in his brand new heated 5 gallon tank!
I'm so bad... I'm not going to a pet store ever again.
Hopefully I can find someone with a camera so I can take some good pics of him and his red VT brother, Techno. I think I might name him Temeraire.
revolutionrocknroll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2011, 08:03 AM   #2 
revolutionrocknroll

He just died, which sucks because he was doing better yesterday :/
Now I have to freeze him until I can bring him back for a refund...
If I had bought him last week, he'd still be alive. But I would never have bought a healthy fish while I have my own fish. I'd only buy a fish if I didn't have one already. And I really thought that someone else would have given him a home; he was so pretty. RIP Temeraire
Old 11-06-2011, 08:12 AM   #3 
CrowntailTwitchy57

yes, i did the same thing with a tiny purple and white crowntail, but i didn't go back for him. i kind of wish i did... sorry for your loss...
CrowntailTwitchy57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2011, 01:24 PM   #4 
betta lover1507

am sorry for loosing him so quickly, but at least he was more happy in you 5 gallon then in a cup in a store that dosen't care for him. you made that little time he had left the happest he could be, and now he knows that some one out there noticed, cared for him from the neglection he got from stores {=]
betta lover1507 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2011, 01:44 PM   #5 
Sena Hansler

Oh my gosh! poor little guy. Well you gave him the best care for the end :)
Sena Hansler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2011, 07:19 PM   #6 
revolutionrocknroll

Thanks guys. Yeah, at least he's not suffering anymore. I also think that I'll upgrade my other betta to the bigger tank and give the 2.5 gallon to my sister, who currently has her fish in a 1 gallon. So I did what I could for Temeraire and two other fish will be happy too.