Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 08-20-2011, 11:29 PM   #11 
bkelizabeth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norichan View Post
XD I love your hyper fish! That's so cute!

Cryo has some nice, smooth plastic plants that he sleeps in the top of. Other times he lurks under his bridge like a little aquatic troll, if he needs to get away from the light and nap during the day.

Mongkut is WIRED. Idk what is with him. My bf actually laughed when I told him that he's classified as a 'SEMI-aggressive' fish. He spends most of the evening flaring at his own reflection in the glass, then we go to bed, and when I turn on the lights in the morning he rises up out of the little Angkor Wat structure and rushes to the front to say hello. I don't know when in that period he actually goes to sleep, I've never seen it happen. He's not... hyper, exactly? Just... extremely important XD As is fitting for a King of Siam, I guess.
Bahahahaa!!!! I love it. I wish I could see mine sleep! or even wake up!
bkelizabeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2011, 12:08 AM   #12 
Norichan

Oh, with Cryo it makes me worry! He's so battered I think he's finally kicked the bucket, then I move too quickly and he jolts awake. It has to stink having no eyelids XD
Norichan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2011, 01:27 AM   #13 
STARLITE111

Smile Sweet

I loved reading about the sleeping Betta's. Me being a new owner. Have a wonderful routine with Prince. I turn on his light in the morning. He starts swimming all around. At 8:30pm I turn off the light and he sleeps at the bottom of the tank behind his cave. I love seeing him in his cave. Especially when he peeks half way out.
STARLITE111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2011, 09:49 PM   #14 
Comet1993

Turbo is very hyper, hardly ever still. I have caught him sleeping before, though. He was napping in one of his plants, between the "leaves" of the hornwort (hornroot, hornthingie...) plant. It scared me. xD
Comet1993 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2011, 12:00 AM   #15 
bahamut285

HongBo used to sleep on top of the heater knob. Heavy sleeper
Lelouch slept on top of James the Mossball. Light sleeper
Mali sleeps everywhere. Light Sleeper
MeiLin sleeps everywhere also. Light Sleeper
Starburst sleeps in her plants. Medium Sleeper
Skittles sleeps in or on his cave. VERY heavy sleeper
bahamut285 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2011, 08:16 AM   #16 
Norichan

I was up before Mongkut this morning, and I couldn't find him anywhere. I lifted the hood off the tank to see if he was in the Angkor Wat, but he wasn't. Come to find out he had gotten into the top part of his balinese lantern-thing and curled up where I couldn't see him XD Clever boy!
Norichan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2011, 08:43 AM   #17 
bkelizabeth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norichan View Post
I was up before Mongkut this morning, and I couldn't find him anywhere. I lifted the hood off the tank to see if he was in the Angkor Wat, but he wasn't. Come to find out he had gotten into the top part of his balinese lantern-thing and curled up where I couldn't see him XD Clever boy!
Omg that's so.. cute.... I love that bettas are so bendy and flexible! it seriously just adds to their appeal..
Old 08-22-2011, 08:44 AM   #18 
bkelizabeth

I frickin' bought Tilly a little pink castle, filed down any sharp edges and cleaned it up. The lady at the fish store was like, "wow, you're gonna give your betta a girly castle?" I was like "UGHHHHHHHHH!!! not all bettas are males!" hahaha. Tilly still hasn't slept in it.. >.<
Old 08-22-2011, 11:20 AM   #19 
GienahClarette

Saint Crispin sleeps everywhere. He's a silly, lazy boy and naps half is life away. On the gravel, on plants, under plants, in his cave, on top of his cave, behind his cave, on the heater, behind the filter, etc. He prefers to sleep on the heater during the winter. But, he wakes up before me in the mornings, so I don't know where he sleeps for the night. o_o
GienahClarette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2011, 11:32 AM   #20 
earthworm88

I would like to watch mine sleep but nope, any small movement, they will swim frantically to the front of the glass to see what's happening.

My youngest one is really sweet but psychotic, he constantly whips his tail so fast that the water is rippling, the floaties are bopping up and down and now he even rips his tender new growth tissue of his caudal tail. It is having a hard time to fuse back because of this constant whipping movement. That poor boy can't sleep anywhere but near the surface as he has chronic SBD

My oldest is even nosier lol Every time I move (could be just coming in the door which is far from him), he is swimming like a snake trying to get my attention, so I never have a chance to watch him sleep, but he is usually swimming from the bottom or from his clear mason jar "house". I don't have lights for them, so they rise with the sun. After 8pm, he gets really groggy. Today is his fasting day, and everytime I go up to him, he looks at me and opens and closes his mouth in exaggeration as if mouthing "feed me, feed me" lol
earthworm88 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
hyper, sleep