Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > The Lounge
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 08-20-2011, 10:02 AM   #21 
BETTA DET

Fishing. Mainly from the beaches of Long Island. The shark was released after 4 quick photos. After this day I now refuse to swim in the ocean. I hooked about 6 of them this day, but only brought one all the way in. They kept biting through my leaders. Didnt have steel, usually I catch bluefish and striped bass (rockfish). Wasnt prepared for sharks.
Attached Images

BETTA DET is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2011, 10:30 AM   #22 
Leeniex

Quote:
Originally Posted by BETTA DET View Post
Fishing. Mainly from the beaches of Long Island. The shark was released after 4 quick photos. After this day I now refuse to swim in the ocean. I hooked about 6 of them this day, but only brought one all the way in. They kept biting through my leaders. Didnt have steel, usually I catch bluefish and striped bass (rockfish). Wasnt prepared for sharks.

Very cool! My kids went fishing off of Chatham Mass and some people were pulling in small sharks.
Leeniex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2011, 11:00 AM   #23 
fleetfish

I've been singing in my church choir for ten years! I've been singing for as long as I can remember. I've been in many school choirs and have always enjoyed them. I also love to garden - herbs and berries are my weakness, and I'm into natural medicine. I like to make my own natural remedies such as ointments, poultices, and lotions for anything that ails ya - and learn about different plant properties. I paint and sculpt and love to read and do creative writing and learn about art history (I'm majoring in it!). I don't watch too much TV, but I tend to love sci fi and crime shows - Doctor Who being one of the shows that I've loved since I was young, and NCIS, which my mum and I have a constant obsession over. I also do geneology with gusto ... one of my absolute favourite things to do is go grave yard romping in the countryside. I love to cook and bake too. And I love animals, especially cats, bettas (duh!) and horses. I think that's it :)
fleetfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2011, 02:43 PM   #24 
Fermin

Not my profession, but I'm a pianist in my spare time. I've been training for ~31 years. Given hundreds of performances (solo and chamber), was an accompanist for other singers/instrumentalists, was pianist for a musical theater company, used to play in a jazz band... lol.

My other passions are dressage, traveling to off-the-beaten-path places, hiking, cooking, learning languages, skiing, gardening...
Fermin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2011, 03:14 PM   #25 
BetterBetta

Fishing with my Dad and dance, even though I don't take dance classes yet, I enjoy it so much<3

^^That was Feb. (:

^That was my first ever redfish.... 3 years ago? Off of ten thousand islands(:

^^First bonefish two years ago, in the Keys(:
Now Dance... Just some stretches(:

^Sloppy bow and arrow..

Scorpian

Heel stretch
I currently got my jete and fouettes down, a little sloppy on my a la secondes, but I'm gettin' there(:

I also LOVE reading. On my third run on the Harry Potter books(: I got a wand too.... nerd :P

I got them all, but couldn't hold them all xD
Also a gamer.... I grew up on the Legend of Zelda games:D

Last edited by BetterBetta; 08-20-2011 at 03:16 PM.
BetterBetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2011, 07:56 PM   #26 
Sweeda88

Jewelry pictures! You can tell which ones are my favorite gold earrings. They're so delicate and simple, but perfect! I almost lost one for good in the library, but they found it and I was able to get it back!
Attached Images

Sweeda88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2011, 08:10 PM   #27 
Leeniex

BetterBetta you're adorable. :)

I have three boys 15, 13, and 10 years old. I love to read Harry Potter, Hunger Games, and I'm embarrassed to admit....Twilight. Also classics like Jane Austen.

I knit, spin yarn, and crochet when my kids let me.
Leeniex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2011, 08:36 PM   #28 
crezelda

also some of my jewelry here http://www.etsy.com/shop/ChimerasMay...f=pr_shop_more
crezelda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2011, 11:14 PM   #29 
AngelicScars

I love the owls!!

I'd have to say I'm very passionate about knitting and pretty yarn! I really enjoy reading and gaming too!
AngelicScars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2011, 11:30 PM   #30 
Shimizoki

I grow Carnivorous Plants (Flytraps, sundews, pitchers)
I also am raising a Chinese Water Dragon.
Shimizoki is offline   Reply With Quote