Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 08-21-2011, 08:26 PM   #11 
Pataflafla

It is hard. I just bought another one today. So now we have Ratchet, Starscream, Mirage, Moonshoes, Yorick, Frog, Ping, Lyra, Oak, Elm, Sicamore, Hester, Tokyo, Sabino, Courage, and Pants. 16 total, not to mention the mollies we keep to.
Pataflafla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2011, 08:51 PM   #12 
cajunamy
Banned

Dude. *points to siggy*

Need I say more? lol
cajunamy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2011, 08:54 PM   #13 
Kytkattin

I have 2 and that is it. Though I think I could get away with having another one, I have spent over $200 on just one tank (that is divided). My fish are as happy as I can make them. Instead of buying more fish I am always buying more stuff for the ones I already have. Different foods (frozen, thinking about going with live!), vitamins, better lights to see them, etc.
And the real thing that helps prevent impulse buying? Go home and clean your current tanks and then decide if you just have to go back to the store to get that other one.
Kytkattin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2011, 09:27 PM   #14 
Creat

I decided that I would put all my males in what ever divided tank I could afford so my absolute limit is 7 males, females are another story......
Creat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2011, 05:20 PM   #15 
DNangel

Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrowntailTwitchy57 View Post
correction: bettas DO have emotions! they have their moody days, just like people!
They are fish, people just inflict human emotions on them...When they are "moody" they are either sick or stressed in a small container or with another fish...They are just normal fish lol...not to offend you or anything but i respect your opinion xD
DNangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2011, 05:29 PM   #16 
Jrf456

Quote:
Originally Posted by DNangel View Post
They are fish, people just inflict human emotions on them...When they are "moody" they are either sick or stressed in a small container or with another fish...They are just normal fish lol...not to offend you or anything but i respect your opinion xD
So you're another one of those " they're just fish, they have a 3 second memory, they feel no pain, they have no emotions etc. " ..
Jrf456 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2011, 05:41 PM   #17 
CoverMeInClay

I very quickly aquired this problem. The first guy I had died and I was only going to look, but brought home another little boy. Then I started reasing this site, and it was down hill from there. I have 10 now. Only the one boy though.

All creatures have emotion. Sometimes I think we humans have the least.
CoverMeInClay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2011, 05:59 PM   #18 
Treena

I only have one fish ^^' but I am going to try and keep myself out of the fish stores until I actually have room for more. Even the little guy I have now was an unexpected impulse buy.
Treena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2011, 06:05 PM   #19 
Creat

Gawd not this argument again.. sorry but I feel that we do humanize fish just a little... we humanize everything cause were human, no its not an excuse to abuse animals because they dont rationalize nor think like we do... but both are valid. Face it we will ever be able to determine if fish can have a bad day, unless we learn to communicate... which we wont becuase their way of communicating is different they they do... sadly fish have so "self awareness" meaning they do not understand that the male in the reflection is them (unlike say dolphins)... but they do think differently and different factors can cause them to have a bad day but can we claim that their brain chemistry (which is what causes moodyness) doesn't change day to day?...
Creat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2011, 06:18 PM   #20 
fightergirl2710

This argument lol! As much as I know that fish are fish, there are times when you can say they have emotions.. For example: Pellets? What no bloodworms? I has a sad... example 2: *You walk by* Foodfoodfoodfood!*You don't feed them* Mope under plant example3: *See's female* Hey babe how you doin'!
I know they aren't human but humanising them just a little bit can make us love them more, make a bond, even if it may be one sided.. You'll always remember the fish that followed you around :D Also, humanising them will make you buy more. Guaranteed -____- I humanise my mossball for crying out loud hehe! I know it sounds crazy, but its fun and adds a little interest.. *Stops before sounding more like a crazy person*
fightergirl2710 is offline   Reply With Quote