In my opinion. What your thinking of doing is probably the safest route, as long as your treating the water when you re-establish the tank, with a dechlorinator.
Basically with bleach your just giving it a cleaning with extra harsh tap water. Bleach gains its effectiveness through chlorine. Just like is found in tap water. The only real difference is the concentration.
I would avoid any types of bleach that have scents or perfumes though, and rinse it thoroughly with very hot water.
I would also use a double shot of tap water conditioner prior to adding any new fish, and let it sit for a couple of days or possibly a week.
I am no expert, so just like anything anyone tells you on here, form your own opinion.
Just sharing mine.