Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > The Lounge
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 08-21-2011, 08:09 PM   #1 
MrVampire181

Just want your thoughts on this...........

Ok so I graduated from my middle school in May...long story short it was hell and screwed me up and my friends in the head pretty bad. The teachers are rude, sarcastic, unfair, and judge a lot. My best friend is a year younger than me but two grades behind me (started late when he was younger). Well anyway all the issues me and my friends had hit him pretty hard and he's not gonna take that schools crap. Tomorrow is their first day and he plans on just leaving at lunch time and if either of his parents call he'll just tell them that we wont say until he can be homeschooled.....he's pretty determined. Now you cant leave the school for ANYTHING unless a parent gets you. First he's gonna get in a hell of a lot of trouble from both the school and his dad. He really wants to be homeschooled and I'm with him on that one because I'm gonna be homeschooled for high school and it would be cool to have at least one person to hang with. Anyway...he wants me to meet him tomorrow when he leaves. He just plans on staying in the area. Problem...I don't have a ride and I don't want his parents thinkin it was my idea.

So......what are you guys thinkin about this?
MrVampire181 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2011, 08:13 PM   #2 
Amphibianite

Honestly it is not worth the trouble he will get into (the police can get involved I have seen it happen before) Also if you get involved you can get in serious trouble as well. I would tell him to stick it out and talk to his parents. The amount of trouble he can get into is not worth it.
Amphibianite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2011, 08:31 PM   #3 
Leeniex

This sounds like a very bad idea. I feel bad for your friend. Do his parents know how he feels and why he feels this way? If they aren't open to the homeschooling idea, this isnt the right way to get them on board.
Leeniex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2011, 08:44 PM   #4 
dramaqueen
Banned

Yeah, he should tell his parents how he feels. Hopefully, they'll listen to him. If he's unhappy in school then he won't do well.
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2011, 08:46 PM   #5 
Romad
TFK Moderator

I'd convince him to try to stick it out for a while and see how it goes. It's a new year and who's to say that it won't be better? If he still feels that he has to leave then he should talk to a guidance counselor or with his parents and the principal. There's got to be someone he can work with to try to straighten things out.

Don't get yourself mixed up in leaving with him. You'll just both end up in trouble and it's not worth it.

I'm sorry that middle school has been such a bad experience for you. But honestly, there aren't a whole heck of a lot of kids that will tell you they like school. For all sorts of reasons.
Romad is online now   Reply With Quote