Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Memorials
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 08-23-2011, 01:20 AM   #1 
KristinM

RIP Curly :(

I recently bought my new Crown Tail, commonly known in our house as Curly. He was in a divided tank with my Veiltail, Sid, who is very calm and chilled out. Curly however was not and flared a lot and was constantly looking for a fight.

I have just ordered a specially made canopy because I was scared he was going to jump out the tank - the man at the store said he had never known a Betta to jump...but i dropped the water level in case and i'm expecting the canopy to be ready on the weekend.

Last night I came home, got ready to feed them all and couldnt see Curly...he often stayed deep in his pot which is dark inside and I oftened battled to see him. I went into panic mode when i couldnt see him...

Curly sadly had jumped to a horrible death just days before the canopy arrived and I am feeling SO guilty about it. He was imported from Thailand to South Africa and this is how it ended. I could think of nothing worse :(

I presume in his excitement and flaring he leaped and missed and I was not home to rescue him. Big tears and a sad night for me.

RIP my sweet boy, you are sorely missed and will never be replaced
KristinM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2011, 05:20 PM   #2 
harrypotter

awww, I am so sorry for your loss
harrypotter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2011, 01:00 AM   #3 
KristinM

Me too :( I was upset last night seeing his tank empty :(
Old 08-24-2011, 12:32 PM   #4 
Foxell

I'm so sorry for your loss :[ I'm sure he was a very happy betta and well taken care of <3
Foxell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2011, 02:07 PM   #5 
Lchurch7

Im so Sorry. My sister lost her fish to a sickness last month. She had him for 8 months. Her first fish!

Rest In Peace dear Comet!! <3
TigerFish1704 's fish.

RIP Curly
Lchurch7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2011, 07:26 AM   #6 
KristinM

I thought about it last night...he had no outward signs of disease or anything noticable, but he didnt have a very good appetite. My other male and even my females go into feeding frenzy mode when they know im feeding them, but he hardly bothered.

Perhaps something internal was out - im not sure if he jumped in a suicidal way or if it was accidental. Either way im very sad about it :(
Old 08-27-2011, 07:53 PM   #7 
Romad
TFK Moderator

I'm sorry about Curly :( We can't know what makes them do something like projectile out of their tanks.

RIP fishy.
Romad is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2011, 10:01 PM   #8 
MaggieLynn

Im sorry :( i feel your pain, my norbert passed this morning, last night he jumped out of the tank and i wasnt in my room alot last night so i dont know how long he was out of the tank :( i also guess he landed on the coffee table his tank is one because there was some water on it where it was dry before.
I cried alot and still feel like if i walk in my room he will be there and greet me.
Hang in there kristin *hugs*
MaggieLynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2011, 03:03 AM   #9 
KristinM

Sorry MaggieLynn :( I never knew I could be so upset over a fish but I get really attached to them because they are all so unique with their own personalities.

I searched so long and hard for this boy as well because they are hard to find in SA...he was imported from Thailand so he was really special to me.
Old 08-29-2011, 11:21 PM   #10 
MaggieLynn

I know! I cried alot when I lost norbert. They are so different from each other. If you have a couple at a time you can really tell. Its alil easier for me to find bettas because there are 3 pet stores and 2 fish stores in my city, But I dont buy if i dont get a feeling. Its like i just know which fish is meant for me. I hope you can find another special boy to give lots of love to!
MaggieLynn is offline   Reply With Quote